By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 surpasses Halo 5 in global total sales

Congrats! I enjoyed it. Doe that make it the best selling exclusive this Gen?

Around the Network
Hynad said:

foodfather said:
It's a bit of a silly comparison considering

1. Halo's decline as a system seller
2. Halo 5 isn't exactly a mainline Halo game
3. Install Base difference
4. Vgchartz don't seem too accurate in XBO game sales. Why I don't know.

It's a good achievement for UC4, but i doubt Uncharted 4 will ever outsell Halo 3 or 4.                                      

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8121335

Hilarious, right? 

Wow...... 

Intrinsic said:
Hynad said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8121335

Hilarious, right? 

Wow...... 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/why-halo-5-isn-t-halo/2e549394-d341-4f88-9729-eec02b19de5c/posts

Pleanty of threads, plenty of people dismiss Halo 5 as a mainline Halo game. It doesn't even continue the story of Halo 4. Its a bit like Alien 3. Will be forgotten about / ignored in a few years. Why else was there such an uproar when Chief wasn't even playable for more than 1/4 of the game. 

Next time a Halo game is released with no subtitle and only chief on the cover, we'll compare sales...

foodfather said:
Intrinsic said:

Wow...... 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/why-halo-5-isn-t-halo/2e549394-d341-4f88-9729-eec02b19de5c/posts

Pleanty of threads, plenty of people dismiss Halo 5 as a mainline Halo game. It doesn't even continue the story of Halo 4. Its a bit like Alien 3. Will be forgotten about / ignored in a few years. Why else was there such an uproar when Chief wasn't even playable for more than 1/4 of the game. 

Next time a Halo game is released with no subtitle and only chief on the cover, we'll compare sales...

??? Have you even played Halo 5?

foodfather said:
Intrinsic said:

Wow...... 

By your reasoning i guess that means MGS2 wasn"t a mainline MGS game. But since it outsold MGS1 I guess that's why no one complained.

Also, this must also mean GoW4 isn't a mainline gears game being that the lead character has changed. Guess if it doesn't sell as well as gears 3 that's what everyone will say.

Oh, and Infamous sevond son wasn't a Mainline infamous (again the lead character changed).

Let's not forget the upcoming Mass Effect, I'm pretty sure the lead character isn't going to be Shepard. 

Because a lot of people say something, doesn't mean it's still not stupid. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

By your reasoning i guess that means MGS2 wasn"t a mainline MGS game.

Not a good example, because even though MGS2 had the Sons of Liberty tagline, the only thing that was on the cover was Solid Snake, which was kinda something the game used against the players.

Wright said:
Intrinsic said:

By your reasoning i guess that means MGS2 wasn"t a mainline MGS game.

Not a good example, because even though MGS2 had the Sons of Liberty tagline, the only thing that was on the cover was Solid Snake, which was kinda something the game used against the players.

Fair point. 

then again, master chief was one of two characters in the Halo 5 box. 

Hmmm, we may be unto something here. Maybe because he shared the space with another character it resulted in only half the sales. 

Intrinsic said:
Wright said:

Fair point. 

then again, master chief was one of two characters in the Halo 5 box. 

Hmmm, we may be unto something here. Maybe because he shared the space with another character it resulted in only half the sales. 

Lmao 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

If you had read even the last 10 or so posts in this thread you would see this is exactley the conversation that's taking place.

To bring you up to speed, the effect userbase has on total sales is potentialy significant, but nowhere near 1:1.

On top of that, Uncharted 4 has sold more than twice as quickly and has yet to go through its first holiday season.

We also have no idea what total sales are for each game since we don't have digital numbers for either game.

Oh, and the idea that digital sales are higher on the Xbox One than on the PS4 is a myth pulled out of thin air as an excuse for weaker software sales.

No. Its a misleading headline and more hardware sold leads to more potential sales regardless on how people try to twist it. 

Halo 5 has sold over 5m units and it did that months ago. So those saying UC4 has outsold H5 are grasping at straws. There is no different to a phyical sales customer and a digital one. 

Funny how its been avoided because Sony would have announced UC4 selling over 5m if it reached that mile stone.

End of day is H5 has sold over 5m units so whats the point of this article apart from grasping at straws to claim a victory of something which is false anyway because again H5 is well over 5m now. 

More hardware sold = higher protential sales. Ask any buisness man that.

Is that 5 million sold through or shipped? Because game shipments are way less common than console shipments outside of the launch window. A January 2016 shipment of the game could be all of the games stock for 2016.

When you claim that it's sold better than Uncharted 4 you're making some big assumptions.

You also didn't seem to read the parts of my post where  I say that userbase has an effect on sales, or where I talk about  Uncharted 4 being on the market for less than half the time Halo 5 has been.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Intrinsic said:
foodfather said:

By your reasoning i guess that means MGS2 wasn"t a mainline MGS game. But since it outsold MGS1 I guess that's why no one complained.

Also, this must also mean GoW4 isn't a mainline gears game being that the lead character has changed. Guess if it doesn't sell as well as gears 3 that's what everyone will say.

Oh, and Infamous sevond son wasn't a Mainline infamous (again the lead character changed).

Let's not forget the upcoming Mass Effect, I'm pretty sure the lead character isn't going to be Shepard. 

Because a lot of people say something, doesn't mean it's still not stupid. 

MGS 2 - Stupid comparison. Compeltely different type of game.  

Gears 4 is a start of a new trilogy. 

Ah Infamous, yes, because everybody remembers the pinacle of character developmen. Cole. 

Mass Effect Andromeda is the start of a new trilogy. 

I'm not going to entertain anymore of your nonsense. You don't seem to know much about games at all.