By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 surpasses Halo 5 in global total sales

Kerotan said:
Holy mother of God. So uncharted series was the "halo killer" after all.

Out for a lot less time and 1 holiday less. Uncharted 4 will push on and outsell it by a large margin. Large enough that if we include digital we'll know it's outsold it for sure.

I think digital sales is still up in the air because Halo is the popular online play franchise.

But I wouldnt be surprised if UC4 sold better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Intrinsic said:

By your reasoning i guess that means MGS2 wasn"t a mainline MGS game. But since it outsold MGS1 I guess that's why no one complained.

Also, this must also mean GoW4 isn't a mainline gears game being that the lead character has changed. Guess if it doesn't sell as well as gears 3 that's what everyone will say.

Oh, and Infamous sevond son wasn't a Mainline infamous (again the lead character changed).

Let's not forget the upcoming Mass Effect, I'm pretty sure the lead character isn't going to be Shepard. 

Because a lot of people say something, doesn't mean it's still not stupid. 

MGS 2 - Stupid comparison. Compeltely different type of game.  

Gears 4 is a start of a new trilogy. 

Ah Infamous, yes, because everybody remembers the pinacle of character developmen. Cole. 

Mass Effect Andromeda is the start of a new trilogy. 

I'm not going to entertain anymore of your nonsense. You don't seem to know much about games at all. 

Wait, are you being serious? Halo 5 isn't a mainline Halo game? Halo 5? The 5th mainline Halo game?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

foodfather said:

Ah Infamous, yes, because everybody remembers the pinacle of character developmen. Cole. 

I'm not going to entertain anymore of your nonsense. You don't seem to know much about games at all

Funny i was thinking the samwe thing about you. 

And sorry, did you just piss on Cole as a character when comparing him to a silent and faceless protagonist? Wow......

And how is MGS a difderent kinda game? Do you not playing it controlling a particular character? Further more, considering the amount of cinematics and voice over work in a typical MGS game I would think changing the lead character in that franchise would affect its audience more than the halo franchise. Let's also not forget that MGS2 at the time was an almost 15yr running franchise. 

Or is the game we are really playing here just about moving the posts to suit your argument. 

Lol.... and to think ur the one that feels I don't know anything about games. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Holy mother of God. So uncharted series was the "halo killer" after all.

Out for a lot less time and 1 holiday less. Uncharted 4 will push on and outsell it by a large margin. Large enough that if we include digital we'll know it's outsold it for sure.

I think digital sales is still up in the air because Halo is the popular online play franchise.

But I wouldnt be surprised if UC4 sold better.

Yeah no doubt both sold well digitally.  but when all is said and done uncharted 4 will be so far ahead  we'll know it won for sure.  great triumph for the uncharted series. 

Intrinsic said:
foodfather said:

I'm not going to entertain anymore of your nonsense. You don't seem to know much about games at all

Funny i was thinking the samwe thing about you. 

And sorry, did you just piss on Cole as a character when comparing him to a silent and faceless protagonist? Wow......

And how is MGS a difderent kinda game? Do you not playing it controlling a particular character? Further more, considering the amount of cinematics and voice over work in a typical MGS game I would think changing the lead character in that franchise would affect its audience more than the halo franchise. Let's also not forget that MGS2 at the time was an almost 15yr running franchise. 

Or is the game we are really playing here just about moving the posts to suit your argument. 

Lol.... and to think ur the one that feels I don't know anything about games. 

While I agree that saying Cole isn't a good character is silly, I actually really like the Halo story.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

People care to much about install base....when Halo has always sold the same regardless of instal base. All the games have very similar sales......despite when they launched with lower install bases. And had the same sales as the OG Xbox Halo

Preston Scott

It's 5 million shipped guys. Probably physical copies shipped to retailers and digital sell through for the 5 million total, but the retail figure they pulled is for shipped to retailers when that one Bungie dev posted on NeoGAF. ZHugeEX shared the sentiment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Welfare_Queen_I/status/741052683075915776

Microsoft has not revealed sell through numbers. And also, the install base arguement is trash for a system seller.

Normchacho said:

While I agree that saying Cole isn't a good character is silly, I actually really like the Halo story.

Oh i really like the halo story too, but the simple truth is that MC is really a faceless, voiceless character. You literally can put anything or anyone in there and as long as they don't have a face or voice you are good. 

That someone will compare such a character, to a character with a face and a voice is just ridiculous. 

I mean any sane thinking person would at least acknowledge that what makes MC (and this applies to any faceless voiceless character) such a good character has nothing to do with who he is as a character (I mean, the only character description we can give him is "I'm a bad ass") but rather the situations he is out into.

With silent and even worse faceless protagonists, their strenght if characterlies in the strenght and depth of the world and circumstances they find themselves in. 

Intrinsic said:

MC is really a faceless, voiceless character.

Not to be "that guy", but Master Chief, while we can't ever see his face outside some really blacked out eyes in Halo 4, has always had a voice. Ever since Halo: Combat Evolved.

Wright said:
Intrinsic said:

MC is really a faceless, voiceless character.

Not to be "that guy", but Master Chief, while we can't ever see his face outside some really blacked out eyes in Halo 4, has always had a voice. Ever since Halo: Combat Evolved.

come on you know what i mean.... MC is designed as a silent protagonist.... meaning the Jeep what he says to a bare minimum. Its a strategy some devs use to (as they claim) increase immersion and make the player feel like the character they are playing.