By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

Qwark said:
GoOnKid said:

Sony still copied every gimmick Nintendo has introduced, whether it worked out or not.

Nintendo also copied Sony plenty of times. Adding an analogue stick to a handheld for instance. 3D gaming was done on the PS3 before the 3DS was announced. The Gamecube controller and the Wii U pro and Wii pro controller use the exact same layout of the dualshock 2 sticks, four buttons, a dpad, triggers and bumpers. The Gyroscope of the Wii U is awfully close to sixthaxis function of the PS3. The concept of the WiiU with not needing a TV to play console games was also available with remote play on PS3. And playing handheld games on your TV using an external device wad pretty much the purpose of the Vita TV as was the idea to take console games on the go. Not everything worked out very well, but the big three al copy eachother not only Nintendo.

I'm not arguing, but we're drifting way off, I guess :)

I wasn't intending to put the blame on someone. But saying that Sony is successful without any gimmincks when now you count a whole bunch of numbers right here, is somewhat contradicting.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
GoOnKid said:

No, that's not how it is. People get such answers because they are simply reading too much between the lines, speculting way too many possibilities and either dooming or glooming. But first, this was just a teaser. If you expected to have more answers after it, just like this confused OP we have here, you're to blame yourself. Just relax, have a cup of tea, time will tell. Just have patience.

Having doubts about the console is okay, I'm not fully convinced either because I somehow haven't got used to the design yet. What I don't like are opinions stated as facts or opinions based on rumours which are sold as facts. This happens way too often, unfortunately. I'm not adressing you in particular, just something that's on my mind. Doubters either supersize non-relevant issues or ignore clearly visible positives.

We need doubters for sure, or else there couldn't be discussions, but I think doubters should bring better arguments.

But believers don't need any other information and can announce that it will be the best selling console of all times, no problem about it. You don't need proof when you have faith, but you need proofs if you disagree with the faith. I don't know why, but it reminds me of something....

The doubters bring way better arguments than believers, but are completely ignored or are told that they're just Nintendo haters. You can say Alleluia about everything Nintendo is saying, no problem. I prefer to keep asking questions and talking about the possible issues and results of the console without being blinded by faith. At least I will have thought about any final result for the console and won't really care about it, when others will be left crying if the console is not the best console ever in a few months (it's the impression some posters leave).

Yeah, let's just wait and see.

Obviously they don't yet want to reveal their new FPS shooter, "Trump the Video Game"

My 8th gen collection

GoOnKid said:
oniyide said:

I think this is a great question and one that not even Ninty themselves know

Sony still copied every gimmick Nintendo has introduced, whether it worked out or not.

ok cool, what does that have to do with Sony home consoles usually selling much better than Ninty ones since they entered gaming?

GoOnKid said:
Qwark said:

Nintendo also copied Sony plenty of times. Adding an analogue stick to a handheld for instance. 3D gaming was done on the PS3 before the 3DS was announced. The Gamecube controller and the Wii U pro and Wii pro controller use the exact same layout of the dualshock 2 sticks, four buttons, a dpad, triggers and bumpers. The Gyroscope of the Wii U is awfully close to sixthaxis function of the PS3. The concept of the WiiU with not needing a TV to play console games was also available with remote play on PS3. And playing handheld games on your TV using an external device wad pretty much the purpose of the Vita TV as was the idea to take console games on the go. Not everything worked out very well, but the big three al copy eachother not only Nintendo.

I wasn't intending to put the blame on someone. But saying that Sony is successful without any gimmincks when now you count a whole bunch of numbers right here, is somewhat contradicting.

I do agree with the fact that the console industry needs some gimmicks and peripherals. Take PSVR for instance or even the PS4 pro. The main difference between Sony and Nintendo is that Sony doesn't design it's console around that gimmick or peripheral. I think that is one of the reasons Sony consoles are more successful. You buy something that feels comfortable and you can buy peripherals that enhances some experience by a limited amount of games.

With Nintendo it's the other way around with the Wii series. You buy a console designed around a feature and you can make a traditional console out of it by buying a pro controller, with limited support. If the peripheral is great like the Wii mote and the DS it can work, but when it isn't as appealing as those consoles it does more harm than good, as shown with the launch of the 3DS (it took some time to pick up steam, because it was rather expensive) and the Wii U. I hope Nintendo has learned from those moments with the Switch, although I have my concerns.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Qwark said:

no it isnt. PS systems didnt sell because of a gimmick. THe only system that might fit into that is PS2 with the DVD player but that was only for like the first year.

Dr.Vita said:
Exactly. And I don't know why but there are so many users on this site who are very ignorant when you  they criticize the Nintendo Switch (I don't want to be offensive against any user on this site wth this post).

fixed

Remember the first wii preview trailer..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY

The OP doesn't really support the topic.

The NS teaser was a teaser, not a full unveil. This is similar to what they did with the Wii, and it worked fantastically then. So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Many of the detractors just seem to be spitting out a bunch of garble, and it's clear the vast majority don't find them remotely persuasive.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
The OP doesn't really support the topic.

The NS teaser was a teaser, not a full unveil. This is similar to what they did with the Wii, and it worked fantastically then. So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Many of the detractors just seem to be spitting out a bunch of garble, and it's clear the vast majority don't find them remotely persuasive.

Simple question? Do you believe there is any legitimate criticism to be had over the concept and teaser or is it all simply garble?I'm not asking you to talk shit about it, just want to know if you can see any actual fault or at least potential problem with it as it stands. It can be far in between positive response and actual purchase (and the response isn't quite as spectacular as some make it seem either).

PS: Even if the vast majority doesn't find something or someone persuasive, that doesn't mean that they are right not to be persuaded. There was a time when the vast majority believed the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around the earth. Not that it is remotely similar, but just food for thought.