By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

Some of the points are fair criticisms.

Nintendo is making some of the same mistakes again, and just from a conceptual stand point, it does have many of the issues the Wii U did, part and parcel because it is basically a continuation of the same idea.

Jack of all trades console, master of none.

I will say though the commercial they did was much better done. Whoever that marketing firm is, they should make the launch commercials in the exact same style. They are waaaaay better than the stupid Wii U launch ads. 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Not really, I think is just the imperative need of putting everything Nintendo related on a bad light.

They showed a concept that people has quickly understood and is getting quite a positive buzz. The only reason they are not giving more info is to not overshadow 3DS and Mini Nes this holidays. after that they have 3 months to fully detail everything we don't know and use the momentum to have good numbers at release.

If Nintendo isnt put into a bad light,then the world would be thrown off balance.

However it is a flub that they are waiting till jan for more details 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Not at all, so far it is looking like a winner. We will see if Nintendo keeps the ball rolling this fast when push comes to shove

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Not many on this site will agree with you because of their stance, but very nice post.

daredevil.shark said:
KLAMarine said:
Three months after 2017 comes around should be plenty time to answer any outstanding questions or do you feel this insufficient?

Same thing can be said for other threads (NS will sell 100 million units or many other "unrealistic" / "repetitive" threads). Just because it's a different opinion, you can't expect people shouldn't be expressing their opinion. Peace.

It is not much of a opinion, will sales be a big difference if they have a full reveal of the switch today?  in January or in February?  

All of the issues can be solved with a full reveal.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
KLAMarine said:

Do you feel three months is enough time to answer many of the questions brought up by bananaking?

It's enough but the timing is wrong. They have the attention of everyone now, the whole industry is looking and listening at them, and they'll just let everyone go back to buying PS4 and Xbox for Christmas. "They don't want to overshadow the 3DS" also means "they don't want to overshadow the PS4 and Xbox One". Prioritizing your previous system over your newest one and letting your competitors selling peacefully for the biggest period of the year in the process is a pretty weird/bad decision. 

Or it just shows that they indeed don't plan on killing the 3DS anytime soon ;) 

Is there any situation where you wouldn't complain? If they hadn't shown the NS, you would complain about leaving the field for Sony/MS, too. If they released it this holiday, you would complain that they wouldn't give Pokemon a fair chance. I think you simply WANT to complain either way, no matter what NIntendo did.

I find it funny that apparently people can predict 100 million sales/ taking over japan but someone makes a post with reasonable doubts and gets comments like "you don't anything yet, what you say doesn't matter"

Oh, and I would be careful with the "It's going to get all the support from 3DS" statement. It's not going to be easy for devs that have been working with n64-psone era graphics on small screens to something bigger, sort of HD that has to look good on a big TV. Wasn't easy for Nintendo main studios to jump from Wii to Wii U without some developement troubles and I don't expect it to be easy for devs that have been working on 3DS to support something that Nintendo says it's a homeconsole.

pastro243 said:
I find it funny that apparently people can predict 100 million sales/ taking over japan but someone makes a post with reasonable doubts and gets comments like "you don't anything yet, what you say doesn't matter"

Oh, and I would be careful with the "It's going to get all the support from 3DS" statement. It's not going to be easy for devs that have been working with n64-psone era graphics on small screens to something bigger, sort of HD that has to look good on a big TV. Wasn't easy for Nintendo main studios to jump from Wii to Wii U without some developement troubles and I don't expect it to be easy for devs that have been working on 3DS to support something that Nintendo says it's a homeconsole.

No one said such things, only that this was just a teaser and nothing more.

GoOnKid said:
Faelco said:

It's enough but the timing is wrong. They have the attention of everyone now, the whole industry is looking and listening at them, and they'll just let everyone go back to buying PS4 and Xbox for Christmas. "They don't want to overshadow the 3DS" also means "they don't want to overshadow the PS4 and Xbox One". Prioritizing your previous system over your newest one and letting your competitors selling peacefully for the biggest period of the year in the process is a pretty weird/bad decision. 

Or it just shows that they indeed don't plan on killing the 3DS anytime soon ;) 

Is there any situation where you wouldn't complain? If they hadn't shown the NS, you would complain about leaving the field for Sony/MS, too. If they released it this holiday, you would complain that they wouldn't give Pokemon a fair chance. I think you simply WANT to complain either way, no matter what NIntendo did.

Wut? I couldn't care less about how Pokemon will be doing this Christmas. If you think that Pokemon should be afraid of the Switch's marketing lowering its sales, I think it's wrong to the point of being laughable. They could also have waited before announcing it in January, I wouldn't complain either (it would be an error IMO, but I wouldn't complain). 

The only thing I complain about is that we endured A YEAR of BS threads about "NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX", to get to a BS reveal with absolutely nothing in it, and now we have the same BS threads but with only one different word "Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch Switch" and absolutely no additional substance, and we'll still have the same BS threads for months until the real reveal. The forums are full of 1875358 NX/Switch threads and 90% of them say the exact same things, most of them being useless or completely irrealistic rumors or predictions ("Guys, I know the NX will sell more than 1 billion console"/"Guys, I know the NX will sell 10 consoles only"). No wonder people are saying that the forums are less healthy now than a few years ago. It's not only because of the charts not being updated, it's also because of the constant spam, and the aggressivity towards anyone not overhyped by the last fart a developer did when someone said the name NX/Switch.

Look at the threads' content and OPs : you can say that you're sure that the NX will be the best console ever made, no problem, but if you dare to say that Nintendo should have given us more info, you're a hater just wanting to complain. The community has a problem with this console and it would be great if we could debate about it without being complete fanatics, and talk about marketing, strategy, audiences, numbers without going immediately in "you simply want to complain either way no matter what Nintendo did" (great repartee by the way). Unfortunately, we can't. So yes, it just gives the impression that anyone not overhyped about the Switch should STFU and GTFO of the forums. That's pretty sad.

Xen said:
JRPGfan said:
Is this how people see it? am I just too much of a nintendo fan?
Im alot more optimistic about the Switch than I was the Wii U.

I would say you are too much of a fan.

The only thing this has going for it is that it will probably see additional support in the face of support migrating from the 3DS. Otherwise, much like the Wii U, it's a solution without a problem to solve.

• Headfirst to a market probably without having much 3rd party support - home consoles. I could be proven wrong, but so far, that is what it seems.
  • Maybe...headfirst to a market without much breathing space - mobile.
  • No matter the amount of black magic and coding wonder, the thermal/power envelope this fits in is much more restricitive than XBO/PS4. Doesn't help that the rumored specs are nothing like the XBO/PS4.
  • Rather big, cumbersome, powerful for a mobile -> probably a low battery life, and a bitch to carry around.
  • If it is both the next home console and mobile platform, it's gonna take a while for 3rd party devs to ramp up their games from 3DS to NS standards, on a technological level, given that they now need to cater to both. Also, pricing will now most likely need to be unified, forget your cheaper 3DS games.
This is exactly a more evolved Wii U, still a solution to a problem that does not exist. How is it that all the PS4/XBO players are fine gaming simply on their TV? Do you frequently wish you could just turn off the TV and continue playing Uncharted 4 on the train? Probably not.
Why is it that Sony can succeed without any gimmicks? If it really tries to appeal to both markets, it's not doing well for either one. Too anemic for home, and probably too power hungry, expensive, and cumbersome for mobile.

I think this is a great question and one that not even Ninty themselves know