By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

Totally disagree. The message was pretty clear. This is what it does, this is how it does it and these are the type of games it plays. BOTW skyrim nba Mario etc. Doesn't matter if their confirmed or not. I mean it's pretty obviously able to play fairly decent games as it's running BOTW. They used the 3rd party because Nintendo are obviously fairly confident they have some decent 3rd party coming there way. Just wait till a new or remastered pokémon drops.

Around the Network

I agree with what you said. People need to stop putting their fingers in their ears saying "la la la" when they hear stuff like this. Nintendo can't make these mistakes again.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I agree with what you said. People need to stop putting their fingers in their ears saying "la la la" when they hear stuff like this. Nintendo can't make these mistakes again.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Some of the points are fair criticisms.

Nintendo is making some of the same mistakes again, and just from a conceptual stand point, it does have many of the issues the Wii U did, part and parcel because it is basically a continuation of the same idea.

Jack of all trades console, master of none.

I will say though the commercial they did was much better done. Whoever that marketing firm is, they should make the launch commercials in the exact same style. They are waaaaay better than the stupid Wii U launch ads. 

Goodnightmoon said:

Not really, I think is just the imperative need of putting everything Nintendo related on a bad light.

They showed a concept that people has quickly understood and is getting quite a positive buzz. The only reason they are not giving more info is to not overshadow 3DS and Mini Nes this holidays. after that they have 3 months to fully detail everything we don't know and use the momentum to have good numbers at release.

If Nintendo isnt put into a bad light,then the world would be thrown off balance.

However it is a flub that they are waiting till jan for more details 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Not at all, so far it is looking like a winner. We will see if Nintendo keeps the ball rolling this fast when push comes to shove

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Not many on this site will agree with you because of their stance, but very nice post.

daredevil.shark said:
KLAMarine said:
Three months after 2017 comes around should be plenty time to answer any outstanding questions or do you feel this insufficient?

Same thing can be said for other threads (NS will sell 100 million units or many other "unrealistic" / "repetitive" threads). Just because it's a different opinion, you can't expect people shouldn't be expressing their opinion. Peace.

It is not much of a opinion, will sales be a big difference if they have a full reveal of the switch today?  in January or in February?  

All of the issues can be solved with a full reveal.

Faelco said:
KLAMarine said:

Do you feel three months is enough time to answer many of the questions brought up by bananaking?

It's enough but the timing is wrong. They have the attention of everyone now, the whole industry is looking and listening at them, and they'll just let everyone go back to buying PS4 and Xbox for Christmas. "They don't want to overshadow the 3DS" also means "they don't want to overshadow the PS4 and Xbox One". Prioritizing your previous system over your newest one and letting your competitors selling peacefully for the biggest period of the year in the process is a pretty weird/bad decision. 

Or it just shows that they indeed don't plan on killing the 3DS anytime soon ;) 

Is there any situation where you wouldn't complain? If they hadn't shown the NS, you would complain about leaving the field for Sony/MS, too. If they released it this holiday, you would complain that they wouldn't give Pokemon a fair chance. I think you simply WANT to complain either way, no matter what NIntendo did.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I find it funny that apparently people can predict 100 million sales/ taking over japan but someone makes a post with reasonable doubts and gets comments like "you don't anything yet, what you say doesn't matter"

Oh, and I would be careful with the "It's going to get all the support from 3DS" statement. It's not going to be easy for devs that have been working with n64-psone era graphics on small screens to something bigger, sort of HD that has to look good on a big TV. Wasn't easy for Nintendo main studios to jump from Wii to Wii U without some developement troubles and I don't expect it to be easy for devs that have been working on 3DS to support something that Nintendo says it's a homeconsole.