By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

KLAMarine said:
Dr.Vita said:
Exactly. And I don't know why but there are so many users on this site who are very ignorant when you criticize the Nintendo Switch (I don't want to be offensive against any user on this site wth this post).

Do you feel three months is enough time to answer many of the questions brought up by bananaking?

It's enough but the timing is wrong. They have the attention of everyone now, the whole industry is looking and listening at them, and they'll just let everyone go back to buying PS4 and Xbox for Christmas. "They don't want to overshadow the 3DS" also means "they don't want to overshadow the PS4 and Xbox One". Prioritizing your previous system over your newest one and letting your competitors selling peacefully for the biggest period of the year in the process is a pretty weird/bad decision. 

Or it just shows that they indeed don't plan on killing the 3DS anytime soon ;) 

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Dr.Vita said:
Exactly. And I don't know why but there are so many users on this site who are very ignorant when you criticize the Nintendo Switch (I don't want to be offensive against any user on this site wth this post).

Do you feel three months is enough time to answer many of the questions brought up by bananaking?

Plenty of time. Nintendo wants to focus on their Holiday lineup which does not include the NS. How are they suppose to advertise the 3DS and Pokemon this Holiday?

Let me let you in a little secret. Bethesda is one of the greediest, scummiest companies in the business. They will deny Skyrim on NX until a month after Skyrim Remaster hits for PS4/XB1.

To be clear, that's a smart business practice. It shits on fans though, and its not as bad as some of the other things they've done in the past.

The Switch has support, and the message the reveal sent was super simple and clear, unlike the Wii U. This is a huge improvement over anything from the Wii U era.

Gaming content for gamers, by gamers. It's just common sense.

JRPGfan said:
Is this how people see it? am I just too much of a nintendo fan?
Im alot more optimistic about the Switch than I was the Wii U.

I would say you are too much of a fan.

The only thing this has going for it is that it will probably see additional support in the face of support migrating from the 3DS. Otherwise, much like the Wii U, it's a solution without a problem to solve.

• Headfirst to a market probably without having much 3rd party support - home consoles. I could be proven wrong, but so far, that is what it seems.
  • Maybe...headfirst to a market without much breathing space - mobile.
  • No matter the amount of black magic and coding wonder, the thermal/power envelope this fits in is much more restricitive than XBO/PS4. Doesn't help that the rumored specs are nothing like the XBO/PS4.
  • Rather big, cumbersome, powerful for a mobile -> probably a low battery life, and a bitch to carry around.
  • If it is both the next home console and mobile platform, it's gonna take a while for 3rd party devs to ramp up their games from 3DS to NS standards, on a technological level, given that they now need to cater to both. Also, pricing will now most likely need to be unified, forget your cheaper 3DS games.
This is exactly a more evolved Wii U, still a solution to a problem that does not exist. How is it that all the PS4/XBO players are fine gaming simply on their TV? Do you frequently wish you could just turn off the TV and continue playing Uncharted 4 on the train? Probably not.
Why is it that Sony can succeed without any gimmicks? If it really tries to appeal to both markets, it's not doing well for either one. Too anemic for home, and probably too power hungry, expensive, and cumbersome for mobile.

Faelco said:
KLAMarine said:

It's enough but the timing is wrong. They have the attention of everyone now, the whole industry is looking and listening at them, and they'll just let everyone go back to buying PS4 and Xbox for Christmas. "They don't want to overshadow the 3DS" also means "they don't want to overshadow the PS4 and Xbox One". Prioritizing your previous system over your newest one and letting your competitors selling peacefully for the biggest period of the year in the process is a pretty weird/bad decision. 

Or it just shows that they indeed don't plan on killing the 3DS anytime soon ;) 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nintendo doesn't make the bulk of its money off of hardware sales but software sales. With such a large install-base, focusing on the 3DS might not be such a bad idea.

danielrdp said:
KLAMarine said:

Plenty of time. Nintendo wants to focus on their Holiday lineup which does not include the NS. How are they suppose to advertise the 3DS and Pokemon this Holiday?

I agree. In one day we learned quite a bit about the formerly-named NX, something previously shrouded in great mystery. Some 60+ days into 2017 should be plenty time to answer any more questions.

Sadly, this just means more speculation and threads. Perhaps that's Nintendo's plan? Keep people talking and speculating?

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Mummelmann said:

So, let me get this straight; OP cannot possibly use a 3 minute trailer to make his points but you can make an OP predicting 100 million or more lifetime sales based on the exact same info. Explain to me how that works, exactly.

Hey, I never said he cant have a conclusiob out of the teaser or even criticize.Anyone here have the right to do it.But just as he has the right to go on to my thread and say I am insane, that I am wrong and list his reasons, I believe I have the same right.I personally think he is wrong and I wrote it as so.There is no censorship here.

But I personally believe that my prediction was base more on concrete facts that we know or have a better knowledge of.I did mention all the things that still to be confirmed, and did say here and there what I hoped would be in or out, but my main three points were based on things that are already out there, and backed up by facts and data.This thread of his is more based on things we dont even know for sure or outright rumors and taken as a fact.And I personally believe that is much more open for criticism.

So all in all, he can write whatever he wants, but I have the right to say my piece, just as he has the right to say if my opinion is good or bad.

Oh, I'm not saying that you or anyone else aren't entitled to an opinion. What I take issue with in this instance is the fact that you berate the OP for basing his reasoning on only a short presentation video, when you were doing the exact same thing yourself. So these two conclusions/speculations are based on the same material, yet you sounded like his were disqualified due to being based on said video. See the problem here? If you state that OP lacks the information and this the insight to make a proper call, or even a good guess yet, you need to apply the same reasoning to your own thread seeing as how you're both privvy to the exact same information, or rather lack thereof.

That was my main point in my response to you, not whether or not someone is entitled to an opinion.

Mummelmann said:
Nautilus said:

Hey, I never said he cant have a conclusiob out of the teaser or even criticize.Anyone here have the right to do it.But just as he has the right to go on to my thread and say I am insane, that I am wrong and list his reasons, I believe I have the same right.I personally think he is wrong and I wrote it as so.There is no censorship here.

But I personally believe that my prediction was base more on concrete facts that we know or have a better knowledge of.I did mention all the things that still to be confirmed, and did say here and there what I hoped would be in or out, but my main three points were based on things that are already out there, and backed up by facts and data.This thread of his is more based on things we dont even know for sure or outright rumors and taken as a fact.And I personally believe that is much more open for criticism.

So all in all, he can write whatever he wants, but I have the right to say my piece, just as he has the right to say if my opinion is good or bad.

Oh, I'm not saying that you or anyone else aren't entitled to an opinion. What I take issue with in this instance is the fact that you berate the OP for basing his reasoning on only a short presentation video, when you were doing the exact same thing yourself. So these two conclusions/speculations are based on the same material, yet you sounded like his were disqualified due to being based on said video. See the problem here? If you state that OP lacks the information and this the insight to make a proper call, or even a good guess yet, you need to apply the same reasoning to your own thread seeing as how you're both privvy to the exact same information, or rather lack thereof.

That was my main point in my response to you, not whether or not someone is entitled to an opinion.

Well, I still stand by the fact that I used more substance in my thread, by using other information other than the teaser trailer, but I do get were you are comming from.But I think thats the fun of it.As long as people dont feel entitled that their opinion are the fact and nothing else is true, I think everything else is game.Getting criticised or criticise other yourself is part of what make discussions fun.Just because one of my sources for my claims is the same as his, dosent mean im being hypocritical or nothing.We simply had different views of what Nintendo tried to do with the teaser.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Totally disagree. The message was pretty clear. This is what it does, this is how it does it and these are the type of games it plays. BOTW skyrim nba Mario etc. Doesn't matter if their confirmed or not. I mean it's pretty obviously able to play fairly decent games as it's running BOTW. They used the 3rd party because Nintendo are obviously fairly confident they have some decent 3rd party coming there way. Just wait till a new or remastered pokémon drops.

I agree with what you said. People need to stop putting their fingers in their ears saying "la la la" when they hear stuff like this. Nintendo can't make these mistakes again.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I agree with what you said. People need to stop putting their fingers in their ears saying "la la la" when they hear stuff like this. Nintendo can't make these mistakes again.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3