By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658
Soundwave said:
onionberry said:

yeah, also all the negative opinions are common when it comes to Nintendo. If this was unveiled by other company would be the sickest handheld ever.

If Sony released this as a Playstation 4 ... uh, you can bet some hell would break loose, lol. 

This is basically Nintendo going portable only with a side option for TV play. 

if this was the psp 3 people would be sucking sony's dick. Sorry for the raw language <3

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Around the Network

If they can bring out a decent launch and have games released for it constantly then I can see it doing good. The integrated library ensures less droughts. Let us see if Nintendo can deliver.

I really liked the concept.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

onionberry said:
Soundwave said:

If Sony released this as a Playstation 4 ... uh, you can bet some hell would break loose, lol. 

This is basically Nintendo going portable only with a side option for TV play. 

if this was the psp 3 people would be sucking sony's dick. Sorry for the raw language <3

It's impressive for a portable yes. 

For a console, it's fairly mediocre. 

It depends I guess on what system you want. 

I think it'll be more successful than the WiiU... depends what you mean by "successful", I don't think it will outsell the 3ds.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
onionberry said:

It's impressive for a portable yes. 

For a console, it's fairly mediocre.

It depends I guess on what system you want. 

mediocre why?  I saw that dude playing skyrim remastered, you need some power to run that. Mario looks clean and fresh, we don't have official specs and we don't have the list of games (the most important thing) so mediocre why? 

I'm going to guess they will at least do as well as the 3DS maybe even better if they don't do the first year of the 3DS.

j.thomaz said:
lack of smart thinking.

Try playing Fire Emblem on hard mode.

so i have to guess on the price but with my guess in mind:

it should do well in japan. i think it will "flop" in the west. it will certainly outsell the wiiU globally but i think it will sell less than the 3DS but probably not by leaps and bounds. 50 million with japan making a large percentage of those sales is my guess.

I really like it myself, but considering Nintendo's history with third parties, I don't think it's going to enjoy much more than moderate success. I really hope it has good third-party support though.