By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658

I personally don't think so. The mobile market continues to take more of the dedicated handheld market with each passing year and the dedicated home console market has been dominated by Sony and to a lesser extent, Microsoft. I think it can do respectable figures but I do not see it doing the 50-60 million figures that have been thrown around here. Nintendo have a hard job ahead of them trying to get back the casual gamers whom switched over to mobile/tablets many years ago. The cost of the console and games will also be a pivotal factor.

Around the Network

It really depends 100% on handheld gamers. I doubt the NS will entice any more home console owners than the Wii U did.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

melbye said:
Seems like its reception is far better than the WiiU so it will at least sell more than that system

Seems about the same to me. There was a lot of hype around the WiiU.

It can go either way.

I personally am not really impressed or wow buy anything these days. This didn't change my mind. To me it, it seems like a Wii U with detachable parts. And I know people are raving about 3rd party support for it. But I remember the same thing being said for the Wii U and look how that turned out. Pledging support is one thing, giving QUALITY support is another.

And to me, it's worrying that a company has to announce support pledging for their product. Sony and Microsoft never have to do that, yet Nintendo has had to do that for the last 3 home systems.

But of course, none of us knows the future, so I'm not calling this dead nor will I call this "the next big thing".

Make it cheap and I see it as the biggest success for Nintendo excluding the Wii (and DS?)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

If they have games on it that normally were on the 3DS it can be successfull but I think the size will hurt in a popular handheld market like Japan.

I think Nintendo have lost their minds, I feel sorry for the fans that waited all this time.

Not enough information.

For example, will this replace the Wii U AND the 3DS? If so, then it needs to sell in the ballpark of home console + handheld console software numbers.

Pokemon and (probably) Monster Hunter will make it sell more than the Wii U, easily. More than the 3DS? I doubt it.

spurgeonryan said:

So it is basically an even more confusing device than the Wii U. The only difference is they dumped the Wii name brand so that hopefully parents will pick it up for their kids.

Being that it is mobile they will need to either partner with Apple or Google to get apps on it or kids will not take the time for it.

There are still a lot of if's, and the games still are what can make or break it. It is up in the air if they will actually come through with the games though. Even with all the supposed supporters they could end up giving us some crappy ports or just digital editions.

I am also surprised that the Switch will have enough power to play games like Breath of the Fire or Wind or whatever the next Zelda game is called.

Lastly is this the end of handhelds for Nintendo or is this what we are stuck with from now on? I would love to still keep them separate, but it seems this is now our handheld. Correct?

Here is the list of Developers.

Werix357 said:
spurgeonryan said:

So it is basically an even more confusing device than the Wii U. The only difference is they dumped the Wii name brand so that hopefully parents will pick it up for their kids.

Being that it is mobile they will need to either partner with Apple or Google to get apps on it or kids will not take the time for it.

There are still a lot of if's, and the games still are what can make or break it. It is up in the air if they will actually come through with the games though. Even with all the supposed supporters they could end up giving us some crappy ports or just digital editions.

I am also surprised that the Switch will have enough power to play games like Breath of the Fire or Wind or whatever the next Zelda game is called.

Lastly is this the end of handhelds for Nintendo or is this what we are stuck with from now on? I would love to still keep them separate, but it seems this is now our handheld. Correct?

Here is the list of Developers.

Yeah ""partners" lol, the same unprecedented partnerships before the wii u got out

Also Take2? They just announced RDR2! Its not coming to the Switch

Dont kid yourselves man.