By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658

yeah, also all the negative opinions are common when it comes to Nintendo. If this was unveiled by other company would be the sickest handheld ever.

Around the Network

I hope they succeeded. That's the ultimate mobility in gaming, but I'm not buying the concept. And will not buy the console. After the wiiu and 2 generations of fidelity I'm jumping ship. I guess I'm butt hurt with lack of third part support, sauvage censorship, and lack of smart thinking. They had the chance with the wiimotes to have the best shooters and point n' click on the Galaxy, and they have not exploited that. I guess I'm done, until my kids are at the age of playing games. Good luck, though.

Only counting Japan this console/handheld is already a success.

Ohh look the Nintendo bashers are out in full force over all topics I see.

Like clockwork... never fail.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

this tablet need a launch title either Pokemon Switch or a Super Mario Switch to be success...

No.

Not in the way it should anyway, if this is all there is to Nintendo in the next generation. We are already complaining about the 80m the 8th Gen brought Nintendo. This new thing is never going to get that high and we're going to see another regression in Nintendo userbase for sure.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

yeah, also all the negative opinions are common when it comes to Nintendo. If this was unveiled by other company would be the sickest handheld ever.

If Sony released this as a Playstation 4 ... uh, you can bet some hell would break loose, lol. 

This is basically Nintendo going portable only with a side option for TV play. 

Turkish said:
Werix357 said:

Here is the list of Developers.

Yeah ""partners" lol, the same unprecedented partnerships before the wii u got out

Also Take2? They just announced RDR2! Its not coming to the Switch

Dont kid yourselves man.

I'm not in any delusion, just saying that this list represents companies that might only release one game on the Switch just to test the waters.

And you need to chill a little.

Soundwave said:
onionberry said:

If Sony released this as a Playstation 4 ... uh, you can bet some hell would break loose, lol. 

This is basically Nintendo going portable only with a side option for TV play. 

if this was the psp 3 people would be sucking sony's dick. Sorry for the raw language <3

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

If they can bring out a decent launch and have games released for it constantly then I can see it doing good. The integrated library ensures less droughts. Let us see if Nintendo can deliver.

I really liked the concept.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."