By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658

I think it's cool and hopes it does well.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
JRPGfan said:
Imagine if Nintendo allowed Android games to also be sold through the e-shop?

I've been saying that for over a year, lol. 

The games library could be quite big without much work from nintendos side.

Nintendo takes a cut, and puts ARM ported games up for sale on the Eshop.

Think they ll have a Micro SD slot?

Kerotan said:
Still too early to tell.

I think the price needs to be maximum $249, it needs proper third party support (not old ports) and it needs android / iOS support.

Android and iOS support? I've been hearing people saying that Switch needs apps I mean if this was meant to be a replacement for my phone or tablet then yes but the NSwitch is strickley an entertainment device.

Too big to be portable.

I want my handheld gaming back.

Werix357 said:
Kerotan said:
Still too early to tell.

I think the price needs to be maximum $249, it needs proper third party support (not old ports) and it needs android / iOS support.

Android and iOS support? I've been hearing people saying that Switch needs apps I mean if this was meant to be a replacement for my phone or tablet then yes but the NSwitch is strickley an entertainment device.

But having apps and games from Apple and iOS would be good addition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
j.thomaz said:
lack of smart thinking.

Try playing Fire Emblem on hard mode.

I'm afraid that will never happen, I'm too old school for those graphics, they are too childish to my taste.

my point is they've wasted a huge opportunity in not using wiimotes to their potential 

If the mobile device has 4G, can call & text, and they have social apps, then it has a chance. If not, we are looking at a device in the 20 million territory.

If they want to give it a major boost, they will make a smaller mobile based on the same tech and revise this unit with a Pro in 2019. Even without mobile networking and always available multiplayer it could go much bigger with that.

It holds potential, now, did Nintendo do it right? And, what is their road map for the hardware & the OS?

To those saying Android/iOS. **** NO! The market needs competition. We need more companies with strong stores and OS's. I don't want two companies having control over the entire world maket. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Well as long as under 300pound I'm in day 1

spurgeonryan said:

Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Unfortunately yes.

I wish them bombs hard, though.

Totally! It is exactly what I wanted: something that would unify the handheld glasses without lenses-trendies-convention goer-colored hair audience and the hardcore gamers, has well the bros-gamer (Call of Duty, Fifa, UFC...).
It looks fantastic and I am in love with it.
I say 70 million lifetime. 15 million in the first year. Sold out at launch.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.