By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658

Depends. If their 3rd party games can match up with their competitors they they have a real shot.

Will it do better than PS4? Not likely. Will it do better than XB1? More likely.

I think the Switch will be successful enough to keep Nintendo going for next gen.

Around the Network

Maybe is the logical answer, because I'll end up being right no matter what happens. 

Werix357 said:
DonFerrari said:

But having apps and games from Apple and iOS would be good addition.

Apps and games ported from android/iOS would fine just as it would be fine if it gets ports from other systems, just as long as it stays seperate from them.

Errrr if they are port then it's useless talk. Waiting to see what would be bad about nintendo having the games being bought from ios or android playstore and being readily playable on Switch without needing to port.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think it will do pretty well overall, a bit above what X1 is selling.

It will do very well in Japan especially because of the portability of it .

But overall, I think the sheer weight of IP will make it do well. There should be no Wii U style droughts on this console, not with the amount of games Nintendo itself makes, not with the amount of Japanese 3DS support that will surely carry over and not with any deals Nintendo has made with other devs.

Having 3D Mario, 2D Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Animal Crossing etc all in one place will be very attractive to people I think.

yes, it will

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Depends. If their 3rd party games can match up with their competitors they they have a real shot.

Will it do better than PS4? Not likely. Will it do better than XB1? More likely.

I think the Switch will be successful enough to keep Nintendo going for next gen.

It probably wont get much 3rd party, multi plats that ps4/xb1 does.

It wont matter... the unified games library means game output for this system should be much higher than the Wii U's.

Also I think you could see 3rd party arm based (android) games being allowed on their E-shop.

So it ll have all the most popular mobile games, along with nintendos own output.

DonFerrari said:
Werix357 said:

Apps and games ported from android/iOS would fine just as it would be fine if it gets ports from other systems, just as long as it stays seperate from them.

Errrr if they are port then it's useless talk. Waiting to see what would be bad about nintendo having the games being bought from ios or android playstore and being readily playable on Switch without needing to port.

Nintendo Shift uses a completely different Api and OS to Android/iOS. Emulation would be the only way and there would be performance hit for doing that.

I think it has the potential to succeed, but it's going to depend on three key things:   Price, games and marketing.

No, but I feel I'll love it, anyway.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Werix357 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nintendo Shift uses a completely different Api and OS to Android/iOS. Emulation would be the only way and there would be performance hit for doing that.

How do we know that? Maybe Nintendo designed their OS around a android base?

Basically the surface looks very differnt from Android, but look under the UI. and it could be running android for all we know.

It would make sense, and reduce how much time & money, they would need to spend to get things up and running.