By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No RDR2 for NX. What does this mean for 3rd party support on NX?

bunchanumbers said:
Roketan said:

wait... what? is there any confirmation about this?

Unseen64 reported it a while ago. He is kind of a authority when it comes to cancelled projects and little things behind the scenes that never see the light of day.

But then you need to define "running". The first time we got a PS3 game "running" on the Vita, we had to strip out over half of the scene, disable almost all of the effects, almost all of the animations, almost all of the AI, and remove the UI, and even then it ran on an epic 2 frames per second.

But hey, it was running. It took almost a year of work to get the game in a playable state from there.

In my experience, if someone doesn't refer to a cancelled project as "playable", it probably isn't.

Around the Network

I wasn't expecting much of 3rd party support, even though I will be happy with it, but yeah some people refuse to see this, take 2 is clearly not supporting NX

Rockstar Games was never a publisher who released their games on Nintendo platforms. Not surprising that this one isn't on NX. I don't think that we can say much about the 3rd party support on NX at the current situation.

Roketan said:

As many of you are already aware Red Dead Redemption 2 got announced for PS4 and Xbone. No NX version. Some of you may say that Rockstar is waiting for NX to announce the game on the platform. Don't do this to yourselves people. If Square has no problem announcing DQ10 and DQ11 for NX ( and Nintendo announcing the next Zelda for NX) than Rockstar could do the same or wait some days for Nintendo to reveal the system and announce it along with. RDR2 for NX is not happening. NX may get a port some years after but... who knows if it will be relevant

Now the question is this. NX already lost one of the most high profile games this gen. What does this mean for the system. In my opinion, it doesn't paint a good picture for the system...

You cannot lose something you did not have originally, Red Dead 1 wasn't on a Nintendo platform neither is the sequel there is nothing to do with the NX here this is a customer issue for Rockstar and Take2.

Don't say that NX cost Nintendo games that weren't on Nintendo platforms though, would be like suggesting that the Vita lost the Mario Franchise for Sony handhelds.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Dr.Vita said:
Rockstar Games was never a publisher who released their games on Nintendo platforms. Not surprising that this one isn't on NX. I don't think that we can say much about the 3rd party support on NX at the current situation.

GTA games have popped up on the GB and on the DS, but that was many moons ago, they left the big N a long time ago, but they were there before.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
bunchanumbers said:

Unseen64 reported it a while ago. He is kind of a authority when it comes to cancelled projects and little things behind the scenes that never see the light of day.

But then you need to define "running". The first time we got a PS3 game "running" on the Vita, we had to strip out over half of the scene, disable almost all of the effects, almost all of the animations, almost all of the AI, and remove the UI, and even then it ran on an epic 2 frames per second.

But hey, it was running. It took almost a year of work to get the game in a playable state from there.

In my experience, if someone doesn't refer to a cancelled project as "playable", it probably isn't.

I never said anything about anything man. I'm just telling him who the source on this was.

This is in response to the original post. It really doesn't mean anything. We already knew that Take-Two interactive was taking a wait to see approach. It wouldn't make sense for them to have something to announce or plans on anything until after the console launches/been on the market a bit.

Plus as others pointed out Rockstar hasn't really made anything for Nintendo, outside of four titles on the Wii/DS.

I believe the lack of GTAV in 2013 hurted Nintendo a lot, but that's becaused the WiiU was originally marketed as a console to play Nintendo games and 360/PS3 multiplatform games on it. Tha lack of GTAV basically broke that promise.
This time, if they've been a little bit smart, NX will not be proposed as an alternative to PS4 or XB1 so the lack of RDR will not mean very much.

bunchanumbers said:
potato_hamster said:

I never said anything about anything man. I'm just telling him who the source on this was.

I realize that, just figured I'd put my two cents on what "running" can mean

Did anyone really think RDR 2 was going to be on the NX?