By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No RDR2 for NX. What does this mean for 3rd party support on NX?

MikeRox said:

How many rockstar games have released on a Nintendo platform in the last decade? Chinatown and manhunt 2?

There's also Bully.

EDIT: And Table Tennis!

Around the Network
Wright said:
aLkaLiNE said:
It means absolutely nothing. Rockstar doesn't release games on Nintendo platforms, haven't for as far back as I can remember so this would be a rather poor reference when gauging the interest of other third party developers for NX.

Like I said earlier, one of the best GTAs ever made released on the Nintendo DS.

Manhunt 2 released on Wii, and certain versions of that game were the only uncensored option available.

Their support has been paltry at best, the point still stands. 

aLkaLiNE said:
Wright said:

Like I said earlier, one of the best GTAs ever made released on the Nintendo DS.

Manhunt 2 released on Wii, and certain versions of that game were the only uncensored option available.

There's also Bully, and Table Tennis.

Honestly, that's more than some other devs have ever done.

Wright said:
aLkaLiNE said:

But that's only four titles spread across multiple Nintendo platforms spanning at least the past 10 years lol... And if other devs have done less then I wouldn't expect it to change now unless Nintendo really shakes things up with their new console hybrid. Which, either way, I'll be getting the NX, don't really care if it has third party support or not 

aLkaLiNE said:
Wright said:

But that's only four titles spread across multiple Nintendo platforms spanning at least the past 10 years lol... And if other devs have done less then I wouldn't expect it to change now unless Nintendo really shakes things up with their new console hybrid. Which, either way, I'll be getting the NX, don't really care if it has third party support or not 

Well, just like the average consumer, you don't really know what the NX is or what crazy hardware thing will Nintendo bring up. You might or might not end up buying it, unless you already have set in mind purchasing whatever hardware Nintendo might put out regardless of how it is or what it does/doesn't. What's undeniable is that, having recognizable third parties on board beforehand is a great signal to send potential customers, no matter how little you personally care about it.

Around the Network

There should be no surprises there, two words: "Nintendo" & "Gimmick".

Although if that portable piece of hardware was to be made by Apple, and that docking station was to be a, let's say, Apple TV, I'd change my statement.

jonathanalis said:
well R* had GTAV running on wii U dev kits, but still didnt release the game on platform. I personally think it could sell 2 million or more on wii U.
Maybe is the same.
Anyway, we are not getting R* games on NX, despite it could be possible.

wait... what? is there any confirmation about this?

Roketan said:
jonathanalis said:
well R* had GTAV running on wii U dev kits, but still didnt release the game on platform. I personally think it could sell 2 million or more on wii U.
Maybe is the same.

1. Rumor 2. Tested not running (whatever tested meant)
Atleast that is what I recall. 

Roketan said:
jonathanalis said:
Maybe is the same.

Unseen64 reported it a while ago. He is kind of a authority when it comes to cancelled projects and little things behind the scenes that never see the light of day.

Ppl buy Nintendo for Nintendo games. Not for third party support.