By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo owes it's Wii U fans better!

Has Nintendo failed Wii U owners miserably?

Yes. 113 50.90%

No. 109 49.10%

Total:222

There's only one thing I'm disappointed in Nintendo with. When the GCN was failing, and the GBA was riding high, Nintendo made a Gameboy player for GCN where you can plug your GBA games into the GCN and you could play games like Pokemon from the comfort of home.

Nintendo should have done that again with a 2DS Home player. Plug the sucker into the Wii U, and I know there would have been an explosion of 3DS game sales. Otherwise Nintendo stood tall with Wii U. They lasted longer than everyone else. So no complaints there.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Nintendo is in a really tough spot. Their home console are not selling and the main fallback they have is their hand held gaming systems. 2/3 of the DS installed base left for mobile when the 3DS came out. How much more will they loose when the NX comes to market. The only other fall back they have is to just go mobile. The world has changed and Nintendo is trying to find a place in it with the NX. When the going gets tough, Mario gets Mario Run.

LT 3DS sales will be close to 70m, so that's far more 1/2 instal base of DS not 2/3.

it be closer to 2/3rd because this gen Nintendo has done lots of special editions.

I thik I have about 20 consoles myself 3DS and 2DS varients. Last gen I had ONE lol.

THere would be several people like me this gen. 

KazumaKiryu said:

MY opinion: the wiiU was very boring, I've been very disappointed by nintendo since the wii / u :(

Today's Nintendo produces only minor games and games for children. Especially the last ones were on Smartphone-level. I find the development very sad. Please bigger games in future and not so many minor/small games.

Minor games? Games for children?

Have you not heard of Xenoblade? Or Fire Emblem?

KLXVER said:
Meh, you take a chance when buying a console.

Agreed. I guess it's been a little while since a console seriously underperformed expectations. But, we need to keep in mind that it happens sometimes, and nobody promises 5 years of support for a system with a tiny install base.

If only the OP owned the Wii U to actually get disappointed about it, but at least people who bought the Wii U in the last couple of years knew this would be happening

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

What does the article have anything to do with Wii U customers? I didn't read it all but from what I gather it's talking about the 3ds version of a game that's obviously better on Wii U.

So, what exactly does Nintendo owe Wii U owners over a "lazy" 3ds port?

XanderXT said:

Your article is not welk researched. Super Mario Maker 3DS isn't a lazy port. It's a game meant for Japan. The streetpass functionality will make it huge there, becauee many people inJapan have 3DS. It's not about laziness. You take a game out of context, and you get the first part of your article.

The second part, about Metroid Prime: Federation Force, isn't laziness either. It's a freaking spin-off! How the heck does it show laziness? The game is well designed. If it were lazy, then it would have been rushed. It might not be what Metroid fans, but it sure as heck isn't laziness.

Both Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash I'd agree were both rushed.

Chibi Robo: Zip Lash wasn't lazy. It was a last ditch effort for the series, because of lack interest in the series. It's not lazy, it's just that nobody wants to make Chibi Robo games anymore.

How the heck is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE arguably great? It's an amazing RPG, one of the best that Atlus has developed in the past few years.

Warriors games have a tendency to get handheld ports, so don't blame Hyrule Warriors on Nintendo. It also only runs like trash on a regular 3DS. If you play on a New 3DS, your complaints don't matter.

Your whole article rests on the assumptions that Wii U owners play on the Wii U alone. Many, many people have accepted the fact that the Wii U is dead. The fact that they're looking forward to ports on the new system proves that they don't care about the Wii U anymore.

Overall, you need to be less subjective in your article. It has a lot of opinions and misinformation in it.

This. Look at how these games were developed and who developed them. Usually most consumers who have a Nintendo home console tend to have their handhelds as well.

It's no doubt a lot of early buyers are disappointed with Wii U.

Wii U has a decent library for most Nintendo fans, though .

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Lazy. This has to be the most perfect adjective to descrine Nintendo since the Wii era.

They just go through the motion.

I've owned a Wii U since April 2014. I had been paying attention since launch, and could see by that point that the system was not going to sell well. Basically, after holiday 2013, it was obvious to anyone paying attention that the console would sell less than 25MM units LT. I was thinking it would get to around 20MM units LT, when I purchased it. It has underperformed even my low expectations.

I think Nintendo did a reasonable job of supporting the system until it was absolutely clear that it was a failure. They cannot force third parties to invest in their platform, and they cannot continue to throw money at game development with no hope of significant profits. So, they put their big budget games into NX development. And let the Wii U die. These things happen sometimes. There's nothing else that they could realistically do.