By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo owes it's Wii U fans better!

Has Nintendo failed Wii U owners miserably?

Yes. 113 50.90%

No. 109 49.10%

Total:222

Please read this article:

http://twoleftsticks.com/super-mario-maker-3ds-nintendos-laziness/

Around the Network

Nintendo is in a really tough spot. Their home console are not selling and the main fallback they have is their hand held gaming systems. 2/3 of the DS installed base left for mobile when the 3DS came out. How much more will they loose when the NX comes to market. The only other fall back they have is to just go mobile. The world has changed and Nintendo is trying to find a place in it with the NX. When the going gets tough, Mario gets Mario Run.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Nintendo is in a really tough spot. Their home console are not selling and the main fallback they have is their hand held gaming systems. 2/3 of the DS installed base left for mobile when the 3DS came out. How much more will they loose when the NX comes to market. The only other fall back they have is to just go mobile. The world has changed and Nintendo is trying to find a place in it with the NX. When the going gets tough, Mario gets Mario Run.

LT 3DS sales will be close to 70m, so that's far more 1/2 instal base of DS not 2/3.

niceguygameplayer said:

Please read this article:

http://twoleftsticks.com/super-mario-maker-3ds-nintendos-laziness/

LOl, It has nothing with laziness, it has with maintaining 3DS (that is actually at end of life) in life with small projects and ports (we already saw same with Wii U previous year), until NX arrives because all big projects are in development for NX.

Not sure why the 3ds getting an inferior port of a great wii u game should upset wii u owners. If you have a wii u there is no reason at all to get the 3ds version. If anything it's the 3ds owners who should be complaining about the lazy port, not the other way around.

Around the Network

I think they tried to some degree fairly well.

the real issue is they came in with a poor plan. They seemed to be somewhat lazy with their marketing, as if they thought the 'Wii' name itself would sell the Wii U. In the end it confused consumers.

Attached with this I think Nintendo underestimated development time required for more modern titles and also, again, likely thought they would float to Wii like success based on the name. Which is odd when you consider the Wii U has very few similarities to the Wii, it has barely any motion control meanwhile using a totallyyyy different gimmick in the tablet controller

but by the time Nintendo realised that the Wii U was going to take more work I think they attempted to push out solid software. It just was too late. They don't appear to have put enough of their teams on enough projects early enough. This seems obvious  based on the comments from Nintendo in the past year that their teams seemingly have been working on some NX projects for a while, or the rumored suggestions that some Wii U projects have simply been pushed into the NX

point I'm making is that Nintendo planned poorly more than deliberately did anything wrong with their fans.

They tried with Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi, Xenoblade- but in the end they just didn't have enough projects begin development in like 2011/2012 to possibly maintain a consistent release schedule.

I DO think they tried moderately well though. Bear in mind arguably Nintendo supported the Wii U the worst of any main console of theirs in many years BUT still put out a stronger first party selection by far when compared with the competition.

the struggle is that a Sony or Microsoft can put out shit first party stuff (in general) and hardly anyone will notice because the main drawing point for people to pick up the other systems ISN'T first party selection

Nintendo's in an exclusive position in terms of this and its a difficult one.

I will agree that they had a poor release schedule but that goes hand in hand with everything else- poor planning and marketing among other things. I would suggest that rather than Nintendo abandoning the Wii U adopters, they just were too far behind for too long and had no choice

at any rate we do have to consider that Nintendo still has supported the Wii U and 3DS fairly strongly all things considered, and certainly supported the Wii U much stronger than Sony supported the Vita

h2ohno said:
Not sure why the 3ds getting an inferior port of a great wii u game should upset wii u owners. If you have a wii u there is no reason at all to get the 3ds version. If anything it's the 3ds owners who should be complaining about the lazy port, not the other way around.

Maybe if you want to play it on the go?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
h2ohno said:

Maybe if you want to play it on the go?

If playing on the go is so important to you then you won't be upset that it was ported in the first place.

Wow, I thought kids stopped being possessive brats at about age 4, but here this article proved me wrong.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Miyamotoo said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

LT 3DS sales will be close to 70m, so that's far more 1/2 instal base of DS not 2/3.

What are you arguing there? He said 2/3 of the DS install base left when the 3DS came out. Your sentence should be "Only about 55% would have left when all is said and done".