By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo owes it's Wii U fans better!

Has Nintendo failed Wii U owners miserably?

Yes. 113 50.90%

No. 109 49.10%

Total:222

Yes, Nintendo has absolutely failed Wii U owners by delaying Zelda and porting it to NX.

Around the Network

I bought mine in 2013 and I think its exclusives were better than either other systems exclusives and I own all three of them. So for me, it actually exceeded what I expected.

I honestly don't have a problem with Nintendo porting Wii U games to the 3DS. But I am disappointed that they really have abandoned the Wii U.

I don't regret buying a Wii U. It's had some really great games, and I've had a lot of fun with it. But Nintendo could have done more with it, to try to al least keep it going until NX came out; after Paper Mario Color Splash, nothing until Zelda in March 2017? During a holiday season no less? And before that, Tokyo Mirage from back in June? Meaning 2 games in a nine-month span?

I understand if they want to bone up on their NX releases, but that's way too little output for what is still a current generation home console.

What are they supposed to do by this point? It's a financial suicide to keep going with it.

Nintendo's strength is in its games. We all know that. The Wii U is a lost cause. We all know that too. They have to save the next round of big games for their next console, if it is to have any chance at success.

I want Nintendo to succeed, as I want more great Nintendo games. I would love it if those games would come to a console I already own. But, it just can't be that way. So, I'm not mad at Nintendo for doing what they have to do to keep their business going.

Around the Network
Magnus said:
Yes, Nintendo has absolutely failed Wii U owners by delaying Zelda and porting it to NX.

Yup, Wii U owners will never forgive fact that Zelda BotW will be ported to NX, same like they never forgive them beacuse TP for ported to GC. :D

spurgeonryan said:
Or is it Nintendo supporters failed them? I personally bought over 300 games for Wii U. Most owners are lucky if they bought 3-5.

Why should Nintendo go out of their way for fans who only want Mario, Zelda and Splatoon?

We are just lucky they did not go full mobile yet. We will see how Nintendo's "fans" support the NX.

You, Sir, are the reason why 3rd parties didn't leave even sooner.

mikrolik said:
I honestly don't have a problem with Nintendo porting Wii U games to the 3DS. But I am disappointed that they really have abandoned the Wii U.

I don't regret buying a Wii U. It's had some really great games, and I've had a lot of fun with it. But Nintendo could have done more with it, to try to al least keep it going until NX came out; after Paper Mario Color Splash, nothing until Zelda in March 2017? During a holiday season no less? And before that, Tokyo Mirage from back in June? Meaning 2 games in a nine-month span?

I understand if they want to bone up on their NX releases, but that's way too little output for what is still a current generation home console.

I bitterly regret having bought it that early. Today it's a decent console to buy. You can buy it cheaper and play 5 to 10 good games and get some nice discounts and MyNintendo coins.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I don't regret buying Wii U either. The only thing Nintendo owes me is another F-Zero.

I will say that it is pretty lame that the system doesn't have a Zelda, 4 years into its life.