By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo owes it's Wii U fans better!

Has Nintendo failed Wii U owners miserably?

Yes. 113 50.90%

No. 109 49.10%

Total:222
Lawlight said:
Miyamotoo said:

LT 3DS sales will be close to 70m, so that's far more 1/2 instal base of DS not 2/3.

What are you arguing there? He said 2/3 of the DS install base left when the 3DS came out. Your sentence should be "Only about 55% would have left when all is said and done".

How he know that 2/3 of the DS install base left!? Buy comparing LT DS numbers and curent 3DS numbers!?

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn´t owe you a thing and neither do you owe Nintendo a thing. It´s up to the consumer whether he-she buys or does not buy a Nintendo console and it´s games. At worst the limited line/up for Wii U, causes lower sales for the NX, but that probably won´t be the case.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I have been fine with Wii U, however one or two more games from Nintendo this year or early next year would have been nice to tie us over until NX rolls out. Its not as if the software has been selling badly on Wii U.

Miyamotoo said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Nintendo is in a really tough spot. Their home console are not selling and the main fallback they have is their hand held gaming systems. 2/3 of the DS installed base left for mobile when the 3DS came out. How much more will they loose when the NX comes to market. The only other fall back they have is to just go mobile. The world has changed and Nintendo is trying to find a place in it with the NX. When the going gets tough, Mario gets Mario Run.

LT 3DS sales will be close to 70m, so that's far more 1/2 instal base of DS not 2/3.

I said "when the 3DS came out." Nintendo has had success getting people to return to their portable game system. Now they need to continue this trend with the NX. But like you said, 1/2 of DS owners are gone towards the end of the 3DS life. Mobile is seriously cutting into Nintendo's profits.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

The 1st party support for the console was crap during 2015 and 2016 but if they realised that the Wii U was failing and have spent the last 2 years making awesome NX games then I will forgive them.
I want Metroid, F Zero, Pilotwings, Zelda, Pikmin and a proper 3D Mario game in the first 12 months of release.

Around the Network

MY opinion: the wiiU was very boring, I've been very disappointed by nintendo since the wii / u :(

Today's Nintendo produces only minor games and games for children. Especially the last ones were on Smartphone-level. I find the development very sad. Please bigger games in future and not so many minor/small games.

User moderated -RavenXtra

Your article is not welk researched. Super Mario Maker 3DS isn't a lazy port. It's a game meant for Japan. The streetpass functionality will make it huge there, becauee many people inJapan have 3DS. It's not about laziness. You take a game out of context, and you get the first part of your article.

The second part, about Metroid Prime: Federation Force, isn't laziness either. It's a freaking spin-off! How the heck does it show laziness? The game is well designed. If it were lazy, then it would have been rushed. It might not be what Metroid fans, but it sure as heck isn't laziness.

Both Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash I'd agree were both rushed.

Chibi Robo: Zip Lash wasn't lazy. It was a last ditch effort for the series, because of lack interest in the series. It's not lazy, it's just that nobody wants to make Chibi Robo games anymore.

How the heck is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE arguably great? It's an amazing RPG, one of the best that Atlus has developed in the past few years.

Warriors games have a tendency to get handheld ports, so don't blame Hyrule Warriors on Nintendo. It also only runs like trash on a regular 3DS. If you play on a New 3DS, your complaints don't matter.

Your whole article rests on the assumptions that Wii U owners play on the Wii U alone. Many, many people have accepted the fact that the Wii U is dead. The fact that they're looking forward to ports on the new system proves that they don't care about the Wii U anymore.

Overall, you need to be less subjective in your article. It has a lot of opinions and misinformation in it.

I knew full what I got myself into when I bought the Wii U, so no.

Wii U owners got what they deserve as much as Nintendo's Wii U sales got what they deserve. No owing needed.

I also thought that they dropped the ball with Mario Maker on 3DS, it's almost like LBP without the community levels (which honestly, becomes pure crap).

Anyway, I don't think 3DS owner have a lot of reasons to be pissed because they got a pretty good support with Smash, Pokémon, etc. Wii U owners are more abandoned, but that's what happens when the platform don't sell, so it isn't a case of "scumbag Nintendo".

Anyway, I think that unifying platforms seems smart. Basically, Nintendo platforms depend exclusively on Nintendo itself to get software, unless 3rd parties don't drop it (which happens constantly, so at least they have to consider the possibility). With a single platform, they won't have to force their studios to do more work that they can handle.

Meh, you take a chance when buying a console.