By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel's netflix series, Luke Cage is out!!

I haven't started watching it yet but some critics are saying its the best Marvel series thus far and if its true then thats fucking insane considering how amazing Daredevil is. Anyone watching it right now? Use spoilers for anything major since it just premiered yesterday.

Around the Network

It might be excellent but the trailers were so uninspiring. They were mostly just the protagonist no-selling attacks like he was Ultimate Warrior.

Really seems to have captured that "fights in dark hallways" aesthetic from Daredevil, as well.

I've watched 10 episodes. It's good, but not as good as Daredevil and Jessica Jones imo.

Ka-pi96 said:
I`ve been watching it. Only started watching it because the main actor is kinda hot (in a totally non-gay way of course).

It`s decent, but it still has that Netflix `we made these episodes longer than they needed to be just because we can` feel to it. Only 3 eps in and I`ll probably keep watching it, if the overly long episodes don`t put me off at least

Some of these episodes in modern series are almost an hour long. lol. But I guess it equals out when seasons have half the amount of episodes they use to.

Just finished Jessica Jones a few days ago and it was alright I guess. I'll watch Daredevil season 2 before I get around to Luke Cage, but I'm not too excited because Luke Cage was kinda bland and pointless in Jessica Jones...

Around the Network

I disliked the trailer so I am surprised of this praise, still I will start watching, daredevil, & J Jones where awsome

I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's up there with JJ and DD. At the moment it's not as dark as DD and it has its 70's Harlem feel.

Unlike DD and JJ it goes lightly into African American legacy and current politics. It looks at what great africans Americans had to fight for and how gangsters are destroying what others fought real hard for.

This certainly has its own unique feel more so than JJ and DD. It's not as slow as JJ and has less humour than DD but isn't as dark. Then again, it's season 2 of DD that gets really gritty.

I just finished binging it.. I don't know if I'd call it the best, but it is can certainly hold it's own against DD and JJ. It might have the best acting as far as the Marvel-Netflix series go though and some brutal scenes.

Watched the first episode only, it wasn't very good, in my opinion. Too slow-paced, and some of the acting was kinda bad (mostly Frank Whaley as the detective, he seemed out of place). I'm expecting it to pick up though, and I also haven't watched Daredevil, Agent Carter, and most of the Marvel or DC series out there.

The show is way to slow and full of cliches/stereotypes.

Preston Scott