By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel's netflix series, Luke Cage is out!!

I watched only one episode and have a hard time even trying to watch a second. BORING... Some people may call it building the character arch or some such. I found it to be just boring.

The Actors:
The actor for Luke is great. The actor for Cottonmouth is MEH. The actor for Shades(from Sons of Anarchy) is a terrible actor and literally looked and felt out of place. The councilwoman character (Alfre Woodard) is the same exact character in every single movie/show she is in, so I would guess that is her in real life and she can't act.

The Look and Feel:
THis is also kind of boring. I guess it is supposed to feel "real", but it doesn't even seem that way. It just feels cheap.

I will probably try out more episodes when I can't find anything else to watch to see if it gets better, but I don't hold out much hope.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Two episodes in, pretty good so far.

Not as good as Jessica Jones was.... sadly.

jessica jones was great. i'll definitely watch luke cage however i started the get down last night.

i've only watched 1 episode but so far the get down is great.

I honestly like that Luke Cage is a bit more moral than the last two: the series doesn't feel like it's dripping in darkness like Daredevil and Jessica were.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Cottonmouth is tragic, yet excellent villain. The soundtrack is exceptional.

Finished the second episode last night; it's pretty good!

I've watched up to half of the 5th episode. Started slow, but I think it's starting to pick up. I loved both season 1s of Jessica Jones and Daredevil. I hope Cage comes close to being as good.

Just finished it. I really liked it. The soundtrack was sublime and far more varied than I thought it would be. I might be the only person to say this, but I liked the last battle and diamondbacks outfit. I look forward to Season 2.

Easter Eggs...