By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

I own Xeno X and have to say that it is a tough cookie with game mechanics, probably the most complex systems I have seen in a mainstream game. You can make it somewhat easier with just using mechs and leveling though,

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That nothing game was praised by critics and become a million seller on the WiiU...

It may have been fun to play for some people, but it's still a small scale game done in a few month and nothing like a true great title like Xenoblade.

They're different games.

XCX can be a pain in the neck if you don't enjoy RPGs of that scale.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
Lucas-Rio said:

It may have been fun to play for some people, but it's still a small scale game done in a few month and nothing like a true great title like Xenoblade.

They're different games.

XCX can be a pain in the neck if you don't enjoy RPGs of that scale.

Xenoblade X isn't for everyone, true, but if you are able to get inside this game, it's a masterpiece, a true work of artists, a once in a console generation game.

Captain Toad is at best a quick cash in on a side minigame of 3d World.

Lucas-Rio said:

Xenoblade X isn't for everyone, true, but if you are able to get inside this game, it's a masterpiece, a true work of artists, a once in a console generation game.

Captain Toad is at best a quick cash in on a side minigame of 3d World.

No I prefer XCX but you're just mindlessly bashing CT, it was actually it's own game before 3DW even began it was going to be a Zelda spin off originally but the team had a lot on, Miyamoto saw the concept and included it in 3DW replacing Toon Link with Captain Toad where it's popularity revive the project.

The game is far more than what you're making out to be as well.

I really enjoyed Captain Toad. Very underated.

Around the Network

It's not just the genres of the games that are totally different, but the type of quality they offer.

Captain Toad is a very simple idea executed near flawlessly. It plays it safe, but is insanely polished.

XCX, on the other hand, is a game of immense ambition that falls short in some areas but aims so high that it still lands among the stars.

curl-6 said:

It's not just the genres of the games that are totally different, but the type of quality they offer.

Captain Toad is a very simple idea executed near flawlessly. It plays it safe, but is insanely polished.

XCX, on the other hand, is a game of immense ambition that falls short in some areas but aims so high that it still lands among the stars.

This is actually the perfect answer...

Captain Toad doesn't have immense depth, but it does exactly what it set out to do perfectly...

Xenoblade Chronicles X on the other hand, while containing some serious imperfections (I will always prefer the first), and taking some serious time to unwrap and understand, has one hell of an incredible world...

Have a nice day...