By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Four hundred dollars for Xenoblade Chronicles X is a bit steep but I'd still get it.

Around the Network

OP how much free time do you have?

Edit: I would pick Xenoblade.

Airaku said:
For $402? OR do you mean $40? xD I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles hands down.

Oops lol. 'small' typo

curl-6 said:

Depends on your preferences.

What do you think you'd enjoy more, a colourful cartoon puzzle game, or an epic sci-fi JRPG?

I actually enjoy both, so I'm having a hard time choosing. 

Metallox said:

I wouldn't recommend Chronicles X if you have important stuff to do right now, school, other projects. This game consumes life. You could beat solely the main story, but even that requires about 80-90 hours or even more depending on your playstyle. Then again, there are other details of which players complain about, like the fact that there are many enemies with a lot more levels than you, the lack of a streamlined progression, the overwhelming nature of the game (there are points where some just won't know what to do next, something that it's likely to happen if you are not very experienced with RPGs), the mandatory farming to be able to beat the superbosses, etcetera. 

It's not an easy game to follow, but if you don't mind any of these factors, then it's perfect for you. It has a lot of action and experimenting with clasess it's fun. Otherwise, Captain Toad is your man. 

I kind of realized that with the original Xenoblade Chronicles l0l. Had to wait until summer to not get addicted and lose myself during life. 

jigokutamago said:
Four hundred dollars for Xenoblade Chronicles X is a bit steep but I'd still get it.

Imagine if XCX actually costed 400 dollars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Xenoblade X is one of the best games I've ever played. If you like RPGs, it's a must have.

I didn't play Captain Toad.

Captain Toad is a fun puzzle platformer. It's an absolutely harmless game, and all you truly need is gameplay footage to know if it's right for you. Honestly, though, Xenoblade couldn't even keep me going until halfway through the campaign, almost entirely because I found a lot of the combat mechanics to be too complicated and congested for their own good. If you absolutely adore exploration and adventure in your games, however, Xenoblade X is worth the price tag for its open world alone. Definitely what kept me playing 30 hours in.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Hmm, it depends on what you're in the mood for. If you're craving a fun puzzle platform game with some fun challenges, I figure CT is more up your ally.

If you want to play a big adventure RPG game and have time to spare, you can't go wrong with Xenoblade. Though it would be better if you had the time to invest in it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Out of the two you mentioned, I have only played Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. Imo, that was a very fun puzzle game.

They are quite different..

Xenoblade for RPG or Captain Toad for puzzles

both are fun in their own respect, so you can't really go wrong with either, given that you like the type of game in the first place

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

hershel_layton said:

curl-6 said:

Depends on your preferences.

What do you think you'd enjoy more, a colourful cartoon puzzle game, or an epic sci-fi JRPG?

I actually enjoy both, so I'm having a hard time choosing. 

As others have said then, another factor would be how much time you have spare for gaming. XCX is a big commitment and will net you dozens of hours of playtime. Captain Toad is more of a pick-up-and-play title for shoprt bursts of fun when you have a half hour or so to spare.

Both. But if you have to choose one, XCX is the one.