By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Yes, I'll be getting a Pro 348 51.48%

No, I'll stick with OG PS4 134 19.82%

No, I'll stick with XBox One or One S 29 4.29%

No, I will pick up a new PS4 Slim 23 3.40%

No, I will hold out for Scorpio 69 10.21%

Other 73 10.80%

Total:676

Thanks for everyone's responses so far!

Around the Network

I think I will buy one but not within this year

of course, I will be picking up my PS Quad Pro on DAY UNO.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It depends, if they don't add 4k blu-ray in the near future, UI may actually buy my very first Xbox instead (Scorpio). The upgrade in performance for games needs to be really, really impressive for me to shell out for another expensive console, especially since I have a monster gaming rig as well.

Nah. If anything I might try to con someone out of their OG ps4.

Around the Network

Pre-ordered mine the same day it came onto Amazon. Still wondering if I should do it or not, just as money is tight after a busy year and I'm considering going on a trip, but I'll probably just have to suck it up and spend the cash :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

No not worth my money. The ps4 is no where near being maxed and can't see any relevance to upgrade. For someone who has a 4k hdr tv and no ps4, then it would warrant a purchase. If i had a 4k hdr tv and a ps4, would not upgrade for the sake of sharper resolution and frame rates, considering hdr works on ps4. I'm still waiting for next gen to start, there's only a very few select titles that show of true next gen gameplay, even if for limited moments, and i'm not talking about graphics, but truly immersive gaming and on screen gameplay experiences that weren't possible on ps3 due to limitations of AI /physics/ cpu and ram. Hopefully in the next 2 years we see something special.

Money and time now are enough just for PC and tablet for me, but if and when I'll have more available of both resources, I could buy a PS4 Slim.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Haven't decided yet. For one, I wasn't necessarily sold by Sony's presentation, but I suspect the difference will be more apparent and tantalizing in practice than their presentation made it seem. I also would like to know what Nintendo is up to, in the off chance it negates the need to upgrade the PS4 I already have.

Already got mine preordered. Also getting a 43 inch Sony Brava 4K HDR Smart TV to compliment it. :D

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon