By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Yes, I'll be getting a Pro 348 51.48%

No, I'll stick with OG PS4 134 19.82%

No, I'll stick with XBox One or One S 29 4.29%

No, I will pick up a new PS4 Slim 23 3.40%

No, I will hold out for Scorpio 69 10.21%

Other 73 10.80%

Total:676

Going to wait and see the lay of the land closer to the Mass Effect Andromeda launch. How much better is the PS4 version, how much more info do we have on Scorpio, clarification around whether UHD BR support can be added via firmware etc.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I don't have a PS4 yet, so I'll be picking one up launch day.

Yep.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

PS4 Slim for me.

My first reaction was hell no. But I have softened a bit since I will probably get a new TV over the next 6 months and Gamestop has a pretty sweet trade-in deal.

Still feel it's a halfbaked console but I am a sucker and if it enhances the PS4 experience for another year or two. I will probably bite. Still - want more game comparissons before I do it.

Around the Network

Yes, I'll buy one eventually. I sold my PS4 this month already. Probably going to buy one in December for The last Guardian. And I'll badly need it next year when finally all those delayed exclusives will be released.

For those buying a 4K TV, don't forget HDR because it's going to be very important next year.

DialgaMarine said:

Already got mine preordered. Also getting a 43 inch Sony Brava 4K HDR Smart TV to compliment it. :D

The XBR43X800D tempted you, I see.

Hynad said:
DialgaMarine said:

Already got mine preordered. Also getting a 43 inch Sony Brava 4K HDR Smart TV to compliment it. :D

The XBR43X800D tempted you, I see.

Yup. 43 inches is a comfortable size for a TV, it's 4K, and it's very comfortably priced. Cant wait to play my Pro!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I am interrested in buying a ps4 pro... doubt I'll pick it up day one. Will probably wait for some reviews. I think it's worth the investment given the current gen has still got at least another 2 years in it or so.

Probably not. It sounds like they'll be primarily pushing 4k instead of better framerate or graphics, and 4k is useless to me with my 1080p TV. Besides, I don't even care much about 4k. I have to admit that I haven't had a chance to try out 4k anywhere, but I expect it to offer less value than improved framerate or graphics. For all I care, I'd be happy enough with 720p, although 1080p offers a noticeable improvement.

Anyway, I expect there's going to be other improvements too, but it sounds like 4k is the big focus, and probably doesn't require that much extra work compared to creating new effects etc. I'm also not expecting devs to be too eager to improve framerates because you can see 4k but not framerate in screenshots.