By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Yes, I'll be getting a Pro 348 51.48%

No, I'll stick with OG PS4 134 19.82%

No, I'll stick with XBox One or One S 29 4.29%

No, I will pick up a new PS4 Slim 23 3.40%

No, I will hold out for Scorpio 69 10.21%

Other 73 10.80%

Total:676

I can definitely say i will not buy a Pro for the foreseeable future

Around the Network

Yes, but probably next year. I need to know for certain which games are getting support. And what kind of support for 1080p TVs.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I was going yo but the lack of 4k Bluray capabilities really put me off, so I will most likely get the Scorpio instead unless Sony provides an update that allows the bluray drive to read 4k bluray discs (if that is even possible).

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

No. It's going to be very hard for me to change from PC.

I will buy a Pro if my original PS4 busts up.

Around the Network
g911turbo said:

Actually, ALL things equal on 2 displays (contrast/HDR, color, etc. etc.) it is NOT a myth.  Place 2 IDENTICAL TVs, minus resolution (one being 4K and one being 1080p) 300 yards away and you will not be able to see a difference.

At some point as you bring the TVs closer and closer your eyes will start to be able to distinguish the individual pixel density better.  That might vary slightly person to person based on eyesight, etc. but the simple fact still remains there is a point where you can't tell a difference.  2 TVs on the horizon are both a glowing single source of light.

That being said, I wasn't trying to dog 4K in anyways so not sure why I hit a nerve.  And I'm sure many manufacturers are holding back other picture quality aspects for their 4k variants to offer it as additional selling features.

Either way, I digress.

Come on.

Of course the distance matters. Within the confinements of practical use, this "you can't see the difference of 1080p and 4K" is being overblown and looking more and more like a myth.

The bolded part is rarely mentioned but I'm sure it plays a big role too.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198