By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Yes, I'll be getting a Pro 348 51.48%

No, I'll stick with OG PS4 134 19.82%

No, I'll stick with XBox One or One S 29 4.29%

No, I will pick up a new PS4 Slim 23 3.40%

No, I will hold out for Scorpio 69 10.21%

Other 73 10.80%

Total:676

Yes.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I'll probably need to get a new PS4 in the coming year, might as well buy a pro if the price difference is still 100€.

I voted other since I am undecided whether I will trade in my ps4 for a pro. I have a 1080p TV and sit far enough away where I don't know that I'd see a difference with 4k content anyways.

I'm sure I'll cave eventually with both the pro and Scorpio

Hynad said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

I was a definite purchaser until the ffxv slim was shown. Gotta buy that!

Already have a ps4 and just can't see myself buying another anytime soon.

That's not contradictory at all.

It's not at all. 2 is one thing but another to make it 3?  Nae 

g911turbo said:
I voted other since I am undecided whether I will trade in my ps4 for a pro. I have a 1080p TV and sit far enough away where I don't know that I'd see a difference with 4k content anyways.

I hear this myth all over the place... the whole if you sit too far away you cannot tell the difference. This whole thing is just that, a myth. 

You are Doubling the resolution on the screen, you are adding HDR and even without HDR content the screen will be brighter and more vibrant because it is HDR capable and has to be able to be brighter to conform to HDR standards.

There is an easy experiment that you can do and really just about anyone has access to it. Go to you local Best Buy, WalMart or Target. They will all have 1080p TV's and 4K TV's on display. If you are at WalMart or Target they will usually have the exact same feed going to all or most screens. Just stand outside the Electroncis department and without looking at the signage you will be able to tell the difference between which is 4K and which is 1080p. And this is under non-ideal lighting conditions with the TV's playing content that is of terrible quality because the signal has been split to hell and back using crappy splitting tech.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that you will not see the difference between a modern 4K TV and it's 1080p sibling.

Around the Network

Yes but not day one

Yes. I'll give back my old PS4 for it and I'm selling some used Wii U games that I was never going to play again to finance the purchase. The value for money is just too high and I'm really looking forward to playing old and new PS4 exclusives (and ffxv!) with nicer graphics.

Raistline said:
g911turbo said:

I hear this myth all over the place... the whole if you sit too far away you cannot tell the difference. This whole thing is just that, a myth. 

You are Doubling the resolution on the screen, you are adding HDR and even without HDR content the screen will be brighter and more vibrant because it is HDR capable and has to be able to be brighter to conform to HDR standards.

There is an easy experiment that you can do and really just about anyone has access to it. Go to you local Best Buy, WalMart or Target. They will all have 1080p TV's and 4K TV's on display. If you are at WalMart or Target they will usually have the exact same feed going to all or most screens. Just stand outside the Electroncis department and without looking at the signage you will be able to tell the difference between which is 4K and which is 1080p. And this is under non-ideal lighting conditions with the TV's playing content that is of terrible quality because the signal has been split to hell and back using crappy splitting tech.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking that you will not see the difference between a modern 4K TV and it's 1080p sibling.

Lol

I agree with you and don't understand how this got so widespread.

You would think people who are purchasing a 4K tv would go to a electronics store and see themselves but it seems most are just e-shopping and reading reviews. I personally have done this exact same test many times and for me the difference is instantly noticeable.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Raistline said:
g911turbo said:

Actually, ALL things equal on 2 displays (contrast/HDR, color, etc. etc.) it is NOT a myth.  Place 2 IDENTICAL TVs, minus resolution (one being 4K and one being 1080p) 300 yards away and you will not be able to see a difference.

At some point as you bring the TVs closer and closer your eyes will start to be able to distinguish the individual pixel density better.  That might vary slightly person to person based on eyesight, etc. but the simple fact still remains there is a point where you can't tell a difference.  2 TVs on the horizon are both a glowing single source of light.

That being said, I wasn't trying to dog 4K in anyways so not sure why I hit a nerve.  And I'm sure many manufacturers are holding back other picture quality aspects for their 4k variants to offer it as additional selling features.

Either way, I digress.

WC4Life said:
Raistline said:

Lol

I agree with you and don't understand how this got so widespread.

You would think people who are purchasing a 4K tv would go to a electronics store and see themselves but it seems most are just e-shopping and reading reviews. I personally have done this exact same test many times and for me the difference is instantly noticeable.

Read the rebuttle above.