By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Are you buying a PS4 Pro?

Yes, I'll be getting a Pro 348 51.48%

No, I'll stick with OG PS4 134 19.82%

No, I'll stick with XBox One or One S 29 4.29%

No, I will pick up a new PS4 Slim 23 3.40%

No, I will hold out for Scorpio 69 10.21%

Other 73 10.80%

Total:676

Already pre-purchased. I already have the OG PS4. But that one will go in my son's room, along with my current TV.

I'm getting a 4K HDR TV around the same time as the PS4 Pro, so my living room will be all set for FFXV! :D

I have to postpone the purchase of some games till after Christmas because of all those expenses (4K HDR TV, PS4 Pro anf FF XV UCE which totals for around $2000CAD. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm pushing the purchase of a new rig for later next year. That amount of money is around what I'll spent for it, but with this setup, I can wait a little longer. I'll already have a 4K screen to go with the rig when I finally go for it. =).

Games like Deus Ex MD, The Last Guardian, World of FF, Persona 5, will all have to wait a little longer.

But it will be worth it. :)

Around the Network

Nope, sticking with OG PS4.

The answer is no, i'm going to upgrade my hdd from 500gb to 2tb instead later month.

Xbrah said:

Now that the dust has settled a bit, I would like to see how many people are considering picking up a pro in the near future.

My Plasma broke this year so I went out and got a 4K HDR so prob yup on a Pro.

okr said:
No, don't need anything besides PC and Wii U.

But GT, Horizon, GOW, Spiderman, ND, dat 1st party exclusives mannn.

But yeah, PC/Wii U combo is great. PC/PS4 combo is what I'm currently running with but maybe might become a PC/PS4/NX combo but I don't think I want that many machines.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I don't have a 4K TV yet so I don't see how it could make any difference on my old 40" 1080p TV.

Nope, I am more than happy with my PS4.

If most, if not all, of the PS4 games I want to play are playable on all the consoles, then I don't see why I need to pay $100 more for an enhancement that doesn't really stand out to me. I've said I'd consider it, but thinking about it makes me feel like I'm still getting the same experience on an older PS4 or the slim. It's just the graphics and power are greater, which is fine and dandy for those who invest in more time in games than I do. In fact, I'm kinda more interested in a PS3 since I've missed some games there that I haven't played during 7th gen.

I wasn't going to but I gave in, and preordered.

Selling my PS4 off and to some improved visuals/performance gains in games I'm waiting for and (hopefully) current games - like Witcher 3, Batman etc. Also want to that new controller as well.

Nope