By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Face it. It is over. Trump won.

Tagged games:

Trump or Hillary?

Trump FTW! 305 51.69%

Hillary all the way! 285 48.31%

Total:590
Normchacho said:
The available information says otherwise.

The same available information who said he would never be the republican nominee ?
Sure :)

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Mnementh said:

I cite again fivethirtyeight.com:

"Jody: Well, that was the other part. Twenty-five percent of Clinton supporters said the same."

"Nate Silver: Beyond that, I think you get into false precision, though. A couple of years ago, my colleague Allison McCann and I looked at the general social survey which asks about racial attitudes in a lot of different ways, and of the white population, you can get anywhere from five percent to 50 percent, depending on how you ask the question about anti-black racism. And there’s a question about how they split between Clinton supporters and Trump supporters, but if someone submitted that in an article at FiveThirtyEight, we’d say “needs citation.”"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/putting-hillarys-basket-of-deplorables-in-context/

And more detailed with data:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-many-of-trumps-supporters-really-are-deplorable/

So you're saying David Duke, the KKK, the Aryan Nation, et al...are to be ignored because of statistical wiggleroom?

Well, if you would read what I wrote, than Nate Silver and Jody Avirgan are writing that a) it is pretty unclear if 50% of Trumps voters (as suspected by Clinton) are racists, as the notion as racists is strongly depending on definition. As the answers to different questions differ it seems everyone has a bit racist in themself and how much differs from person to person. Secondly they point out that also Clintons voters contains a set of racists, but probably less than Trumps.

Single data points like David Duke are irrelevant to such statistical data. We talk about millions of people. If you let your decision be guided by David Duke though (if you make always the oppposite of him) you give him a lot of power over you, so if he would support Clinton, you would instantly drop her?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

LivingMetal said:
SpokenTruth said:
This election will go down as the most disgraceful in US history.

I cannot wrap my head around the hatred, ignorance and idiocy that is Trump's campaign. Nor the blatant political duplicity that is Clinton.

Here's who I'm voting for...

Better choice than the candidates of both major parties.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CGI-Quality said:
iceland said:

I think you're an idiot honestly, I'm just sitting here hoping your account is a parody because if not I hope Katy Perry joins forces with Beyonce (top witch) and casts some hex on you.

Um...?

reported for spam~

The Alt-Right have adopted winning.

Around the Network

The biggest sign that Trump is a trouble maker is that he gave Nigel Farage stage time and applauded him.

Nigel Farage is the essentially the British Trump. He dislikes foreigners, he dislikes Muslims, he has stereotypical views about different cultures and faiths and wants his country to completely isolated from the rest of the world.

The only people in history that have had views about their race, culture being superior to others have been the ones to start:

- Slavery
- Genocide
- Apartheid

Foreigners don't take jobs, they do the jobs others won't do. There is nothing stopping anyone getting the jobs the foreigners get.

Prohibiting terrorism by stopping Muslims coming in? Will you switch off the Internet? Will you stop government funded programs that have led to terrorists being created?

You think that by empowering a racist / supremacist ideology into people, it will bode well for current and feature generations?

Additionally, the man is a politician first and a Christian way further down the line.

Either way, you Americans are as screwed as it's brits. At least you get to pick between an egotistical hairy orange and the wicked witch.

We were given no choice but to have the wicked witch who has already put her plan in motion to replace the human rights act for a snooper act allowing the government to create detailed profiles on everyone which they will then sell onto various organisations.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/25/this-is-the-bombshell-dropped-by-theresa-mays-government-while-the-media-whined-on-about-traingate/

Imaginedvl said:
Normchacho said:
The available information says otherwise.

The same available information who said he would never be the republican nominee ?
Sure :)

You're mistaking the available information with pundits. 

The data showed that he was going to win. Back in April Predictwise gave him an 80% chance of winning on the first ballot. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

tokilamockingbrd said:
CosmicSex said:
Trump offers nothing. Either way, sometimes we fall prey to our own prejudices a nd fear and for those people, Trump offers the last chance to take your country back (or away) from those who you have been taught to fear, hate, disparage, or whatever. But in reality, there is a reason he loses to educated white people... and everyone else who isn't an angry white male... and he will lose according to all available data. He is simply not presidential material and we don't want to build a damn wall. Educated people realize that a wall wont improve the quality of our lives. It is just a way to tap into racist group thought.

I know it was just a republican primary but trump killed it in Manhattan island, probably the densest location of well educated individuals in the world. The idea that intelligent people don't like Trump is bunk. Its what people who don't like trump tell themselves to make themselves feel like they are superior. 

Also, just because you believe people should not be allowed to come into the country un-documented does not mean you hate them. Ever been to another country? Take Japan, you want to visit there you need to show up with your departure information ready to present. 

You use alot of stereo types in general. Maybe Trump supporters feel the only people who support Hilary are angry minorities that feel they should have special priveledges. 

I guess I am in the position where I am not attached to either side, so I don't get caught up in all the emotional BS that cause people to hate one side or the other. I don't get attached to public figures. I guess that is why I liked Romney, he was cut and dry, intelligent and did his best to stay away from emotional bs. 

"Maybe Trump supporters feel the only people who support Hilary are angry minorities that feel they should have special priveledges. "

Bingo.  You see for some folks that aren't affected by racism, it doesn't exsist and minorities just want special favors. If it doesn't concern you you can pass it off as emotional BS.  It must be nice to simply dismiss the concerns of others as non important. 

Hopefully not.

WagnerPaiva said:
Bandorr said:

Do you think the NFL sent trump a letter saying "This is ridiculous" that the debates are up against the sunday football games?

He is a entertainer, so I am very sure it was not his decision. If anything it was probably a Hillary move. =)

Nope the NFL did not, Actually, debates were scheduled even before the NFL came up with there schedule for the year.