By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

CGI-Quality said:
poklane said:
PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-Ray. What a fucking idiotic move.

Eh, I doubt it will matter all that much. It's a let down, but probably not a bad business move.

It can matter a lot to someone who will buy it for his 4k TV but still needs a 4k Blu-Ray player to watch those on it. Especially when they advertise the console to be great for 4k TVs it sucks for the consumer that it's not also for their movies. 

For Sony and the console sales it won't matter much but are we talking here from Sony's or the users perspective if we talk about devices we buy? 

Well, not even sure if that is true or if it supports it. Haven't really heard abou tit except for this one post in this thread. 

Around the Network

So even older games that aren't improving anything voluntarily should run at super smooth framerates right? Not that it was an issue but it'd be nice to have on current games.

I am Iron Man

PS4 Pro has an extra USB port on the back

Click if Tweet doesn't show

The price is good, but considering that the slim is 299, I really can't see myself going for the Pro. I'm still not convinced it's a better deal and I think most consumers will pick the cheaper version for the same reason.

iTzCharlie said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, yes. Many are happy about that price. 

Ok so the price is more important than what this new console will offer (not so much) in comparison to the old one. If the price is good you buy it no matter what . great marketing. No blu ray 4k, no native 4k,no 60 fps, only hdr.

What? PS4 pro supports Native 4k, and improved framerates, resolution, and other graphical aspects. All Ps4s will support HDR.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
According to some twitter posts, the ps4 pro will have the same cpu as the original ps4 that is overclocked. PS4 cpu was already worse than xbox one cpu so this upgrade may be mainly for VR.

Which makes perfect sense, because if you only upgrade the graphics (or framerate) you don't need a significantly faster CPU. And since all games must also run on PS4 regular, the PS4 Pro games can't have more complex AI and scripting systems or gameplay mechanics.

A strong CPU would have been a waste for current gen games. If PS4 Pro will support PS5 games in the future, now that's an entirely different issue, then the PS4 Pro would be in trouble.

iTzCharlie said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, yes. Many are happy about that price. 

Ok so the price is more important than what this new console will offer (not so much) in comparison to the old one. If the price is good you buy it no matter what . great marketing. No blu ray 4k, no native 4k,no 60 fps, only hdr.

Eh? 

I just hope most devs use it to push FPS first and graphics second. Probably on to a loser with that one though

Kowan said:
iTzCharlie said:

What? PS4 pro supports Native 4k, and improved framerates, resolution, and other graphical aspects. All Ps4s will support HDR.

Yes ! Nice to see all the PS4 will have HDR things by the way.

Slimebeast said:
Snoopy said:
According to some twitter posts, the ps4 pro will have the same cpu as the original ps4 that is overclocked. PS4 cpu was already worse than xbox one cpu so this upgrade may be mainly for VR.

Which makes perfect sense, because if you only upgrade the graphics (or framerate) you don't need a significantly faster CPU. And since all games must also run on PS4 regular, the PS4 Pro games can't have more complex AI and scripting systems or gameplay mechanics.

Overall I can't complain about pspro. If you are into vr gaming or want 4k on some games this will be great. I think this will also shut some haters out there saying xbox scoripo won't be enough for 4k gaming with a possibility of 60fps to boot or VR gaming. Looking at you rags.