By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

poklane said:
PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-Ray. What a fucking idiotic move.

Where did they say that?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
WebMasterFlex said:

It's over bro.....

Whats over? PS4 has obviously "won" the generation long before the slim or Pro, but there is a niche for Microsoft to tackle with the Scorpio. I hope they do it because 60fps should be an option for console gamers.

Because a year or so after Scorpio hits, the PS5 is probably going to be announced, which will likely destroy the specs of the scorpio.

Kowan said:
poklane said:
PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-Ray. What a fucking idiotic move.

Where did they say that?

They also didn't mention it at all.

iTzCharlie said:
I don't know how you can be so happy after this conference, only for the price? Really?

Fantastic price and Sony giving total freedom for developers to increase the graphics quality even if you run the game in 1080p. It's better than we could have hoped for.

Captain_Yuri said:
MoHasanie said:

Might be $50-$100 more in Canada :( 

Don't kill my excitement already T_T

I don't want my wallet to know :(

Yeah, it's amazing that my launch day PS4 was cheaper than the current PS4 price.

Around the Network
iTzCharlie said:
I don't know how you can be so happy after this conference, only for the price? Really?

Well there's a new ps4 console that will improve performance of games if you do not have 4ktv, and will do native 4k and 4k upscaling for games and is priced affordably. I think that's something to be happy about, yes? Specially for those actually interested on a Ps4?

poklane said:
Kowan said:

Where did they say that?

They also didn't mention it at all.

No, they didn't. But honestly, who buys Blu-ray movies anymore? Movies on disc are becoming obsolete. It's all about streaming today.

As a not-4k gamer, looks like selling me on the PS4P will be on Digital Foundry. $400 seems a good price, at least.

According to some twitter posts, the ps4 pro will have the same cpu as the original ps4 that is overclocked. PS4 cpu was already worse than xbox one cpu so this upgrade may be mainly for VR.

CGI-Quality said:
iTzCharlie said:

Well, yes. Many are happy about that price. 

Ok so the price is more important than what this new console will offer (not so much) in comparison to the old one. If the price is good you buy it no matter what . great marketing. No blu ray 4k, no native 4k,no 60 fps, only hdr.