By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

I'm disappointed they didn't call is PS4K instead

Around the Network

Will it at least do 4k streaming? But even if it does what kind of Internet connection requires that. I just turned my garage into a entertainment room and got a 4k 65 inch tv. Do I plan to buy a ton of 4k blue ray movies, no. But the big ones like Star Wars I do plan on it. I was surprised to see the slim not supporting 4k blueray. When I heard the pro not doing it either I was in shock. I mean this is Sony the inventors of blueray. Kinda crazy. Damn thing is at a killer price though. I thought it would be 449.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Soundwave said:
Kerotan said:
2 posts on gaf that sum up what I think of the minor meltdown regarding this.

"Because everyone complaining has a 4K tv ready to watch 4K blu rays on their new PS4 Pro that they're still going to buy at launch despite saying that Sony has lost a sale? Give me a break."

And :
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216231204

It's not a "meltdown" if a "Pro" model that's hyped as a 4K machine could actually display real 4K content. The upscaling tech sounds nice here but the games apparently are not running at native 4K (and since MS never got any breaks for running games at 900p instead of 1080p, don't see why Sony should be given a pass now), nor can it run movies at native 4K either, something the older XBox One S can do. 

It's not crazy to want actual real 4K content, half the event today was basically an infomercial telling you to go buy a 4KTV ... well ok Sony, now give me some real 4K content. 

Lol you really going to compare this to thr xb1 vs PS4. In case you forgot the xb1 launched much dearer than the ps4 with worse performance.  That justified the backlash.  

The ps4 pro will launch much cheaper then the scorpio and will be rightly weaker.  As expected and nothing wrong there.  

You mention hyped.  Well I'm sorry but we should all know by now not to fall for the hype.  Sony have launched a $400 machine that does 4k as best a machine that cheap can do.  It's focused on gaming,  not UHD movies which are a very niche part of the movie market.  I'm glad Sony didn't support it.  It would be an added cost the vast majority of us,  including myself would use. 

vivster said:
Kinda disappointed in the price. Either they're taking a big loss on hardware or the jump is not big enough.

The hardware is exactly whats been rumoured for the last 5months, 4.2Tflops and overclocked CPU. Its only once Scorpio was announced that everyone suddenly started thinking that sony was going to try and compete with them and up Neo's specs. Sony is positioning this a premium PS4, Microsoft is positioning Scorpio as a system belonging to its own generation both backwars and forwards compatible with Xbox1/Xbox2.

Great pricing, but still since it's $100 more than the regular I'm gonna need to see exactly how much of a difference it makes and for how many games. I don't have or plan on getting a 4k TV anytime soon, so I'm only interested in higher detail and better framerates.

Around the Network

This is yuuge. I wasn't expecting they would launch an upgraded PS4 within 2016.

Kind of sad that it doesn't have UHD Blu-Ray though. XB1S has UHD Blu-Ray but doesn't support bitstream audio for Dolby Atmos. No good choice but to get a separate player .

My 8th gen collection

This sounds pretty awesome. So, as I understood, nicer specs and nicer framerates (and resolutions?) are what we are to expect?

At 400 dollars/euros, this will be a perfect entry into this gen for me (I don't think I've missed much, honestly).

Good for them to get it out there just before Tokyo Game Show so they can actually show everything off.

Hmm, pie.

I'll get that Big Mac thing. =]

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.