By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

zealen said:
JRPGfan said:

50$ more gets you:

300% performance increase in hardware. (1.4 teraflops xbox one slim vs 4.2 teraflops PS4 pro).

Yes thats right..... 3 times the power, for 50$.

720p-900p Xbox One gameing

vs

1440p-1800p PS4 pro gameing

thats a very weird cost/benenift assesment you made.

Don't get me wrong, or maybe I didn't make myself very clear, but I just don't feel like the PS4 Pro is the leap most people (or maybe just me and I'm reflecting that) expected. Of course there's the release date and the price point, but still, I think it could do some things better.

I never had a Microsoft console but I think MS really nailed on the One S, it's beautiful, got some little tweaks and got a good price, while still being the basic product.

Just felt that the PS4 Pro didn't sound that Pro, but of course I can change my mind :)

The X1S will be outdated when Scorpio releases. Considering you are buying a gaming console, the X1S will be massively underpowered, and will miss out on all the exclusive VR games MS will have. 

Atleast with the Pro you won't miss out our any games, have the option of jumping into VR and still have a console that's competitive in terms of performance over the next 2-3 years. 

You are better off getting a Pro or waiting for the Scorpio.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
zealen said:

Don't get me wrong, or maybe I didn't make myself very clear, but I just don't feel like the PS4 Pro is the leap most people (or maybe just me and I'm reflecting that) expected. Of course there's the release date and the price point, but still, I think it could do some things better.

I never had a Microsoft console but I think MS really nailed on the One S, it's beautiful, got some little tweaks and got a good price, while still being the basic product.

Just felt that the PS4 Pro didn't sound that Pro, but of course I can change my mind :)

The X1S will be outdated when Scorpio releases. Considering you are buying a gaming console, the X1S will be massively underpowered, and will miss out on all the exclusive VR games MS will have. 

Atleast with the Pro you won't miss out our any games, have the option of jumping into VR and still have a console that's competitive in terms of performance over the next 2-3 years. 

You are better off getting a Pro or waiting for the Scorpio.

Don't bother with vr for regular ps4.

Snoopy said:

Why not Snoopy? I have an idea. You tell everyone about your first hand experience with VR on the regular PS4. Then I'll give mine and we can compare notes.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

Why not Snoopy? I have an idea. You tell everyone about your first hand experience with VR on the regular PS4. Then I'll give mine and we can compare notes.

It's a crap experience. Your turn.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

No no no, I'm really interested in hearing about your time with it.

Where did you play It? What games did you get to play? How long did you get to play with It?  Did you find the headset comfortable? How was the frame rate? Did you like them using an RGB display or do you like the Pentile displays used on other headsets.

Please, give us the pleasure of reading your deep and insightful analysis of PSVR and how it pairs with the standard PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

Where did you play It? What games did you get to play? How long did you get to play with It?  Did you find the headset comfortable? How was the frame rate? Did you like them using an RGB display or do you like the Pentile displays used on other headsets.

Please, give us the pleasure of reading your deep and insightful analysis of PSVR and how it pairs with the standard PS4.

Looks like you're upset for some reason. Did I do something you didn't like?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps4-neo-exists-because-playstation-vr-was-going-be-truly-awful-launch-consoles-says-developer-1562122 here is a link. I can provide more if you want. PS4 neo exsists primarily for vr and you know it.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps4-neo-exists-because-playstation-vr-was-going-be-truly-awful-launch-consoles-says-developer-1562122 here is a link. I can provide more if you want. PS4 neo exsists primarily for vr and you know it.

No, of course not. It's just that we all value your fair and balanced opinion so much that it would be a shame if we lost out on the real meat of your expertise. 

Alas, we may be getting a bit off topic. So you can just send me the in depth analysis through a pm. Hey! You can send it with your response to our little wager!

Looking forward to hearing from you bud.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

No, of course not. It's just that we all value your fair and balanced opinion so much that it would be a shame if we lost out on the real meat of your expertise. 

Alas, we may be getting a bit off topic. So you can just send me the in depth analysis through a pm. Hey! You can send it with your response to our little wager!

Looking forward to hearing from you bud.

Okay, how about this. Be nice to me. I didn't cause any physical harm to you nor threaten you in any way. I like joking around, but this is going to far. Next thing you know we will be throwing pies at each other and not the good kind.

I'd like to say, Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely phenomenal on PS4 Pro.

The prices!!! My god Sony Won the Mid Generation xD!

In Sony We Trust!