By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

Well, they got the pricing right on the Pro. It makes it more of an acceptable price. The Slim however I think could knock 50 dollars off. Isn't the regular PS4 currently the same price?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
zealen said:
I really like my ps4, but I don't know if I feel like upgrading to a pro is a good deal.
Xbox One S looks closer to the PS4 Pro than PS4Pro to the Scorpio, at least thinking about cost/benenift

XboneS is not even closer to PS4 let alone PS4Pro. PS4Pro has 3 times more faster gpu and cpu, ram has also got some boost. Xbone2 will have the same advantage of performance that PS4 had over Xbone, 50% more power. Neither can deliever native 4K gaming with high detail.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

No, of course not. It's just that we all value your fair and balanced opinion so much that it would be a shame if we lost out on the real meat of your expertise. 

Alas, we may be getting a bit off topic. So you can just send me the in depth analysis through a pm. Hey! You can send it with your response to our little wager!

Looking forward to hearing from you bud.

Okay, how about this. Be nice to me. I didn't cause any physical harm to you nor threaten you in any way. I like joking around, but this is going to far. Next thing you know we will be throwing pies at each other and not the good kind.

OK you two, naked mud wrestling or GTFO 😒

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
poklane said:
PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-Ray. What a fucking idiotic move.

Agreed. This is so ridiculous.

The damn box is affordable, and I was all set to buy it when I saw the Mass Effect 4k tech demo. Then they go and do something stupid like this.

I am going to struggle to justify replacing the box under my TV with something that cannot handle the base next-generation format.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

pbroy said:
Snoopy said:

Okay, how about this. Be nice to me. I didn't cause any physical harm to you nor threaten you in any way. I like joking around, but this is going to far. Next thing you know we will be throwing pies at each other and not the good kind.

OK you two, naked mud wrestling or GTFO 😒

Shit...Snoops! They've figured us out! Run!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
cesarmgc said:
The prices!!! My god Sony Won the Mid Generation xD!

so have they now won 3/4 generations they've been involved in or 3.5/4.5 generations?  Or 4/5 gens?

I am Iron Man

Kinda disappointed in the price. Either they're taking a big loss on hardware or the jump is not big enough.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Kinda disappointed in the price. Either they're taking a big loss on hardware or the jump is not big enough.

or ps4 component prices have dipped quite a bit in 3 years and they could sell at well below $300 but don't feel the need to so they're ok more than doubling the GPU and still selling at original PS4 price point.

I am Iron Man

2 posts on gaf that sum up what I think of the minor meltdown regarding this.

"Because everyone complaining has a 4K tv ready to watch 4K blu rays on their new PS4 Pro that they're still going to buy at launch despite saying that Sony has lost a sale? Give me a break."

And :
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216231204

Kerotan said:
2 posts on gaf that sum up what I think of the minor meltdown regarding this.

"Because everyone complaining has a 4K tv ready to watch 4K blu rays on their new PS4 Pro that they're still going to buy at launch despite saying that Sony has lost a sale? Give me a break."

And :
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216231204

It's not a "meltdown" if a "Pro" model that's hyped as a 4K machine could actually display real 4K content. The upscaling tech sounds nice here but the games apparently are not running at native 4K (and since MS never got any breaks for running games at 900p instead of 1080p, don't see why Sony should be given a pass now), nor can it run movies at native 4K either, something the older XBox One S can do. 

It's not crazy to want actual real 4K content, half the event today was basically an infomercial telling you to go buy a 4KTV ... well ok Sony, now give me some real 4K content.