By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

I wish the Pro had the original PS4 design.

Call me crazy but I like the current PS4 design way more than the new slim and the (triple cheese) Pro design.

With the older titles getting HDR support on the original PS4 I will not be getting a Pro (not enough of an upgrade in specs from the original PS4).

My smart 4K television already has full 4k apps so I usually just stream directly through the apps for native 4k.

I will likely pick up an original PS4 at a discount and call it good.

Great price points by Sony though!

Around the Network
poklane said:
4.2TF, 8GB GDDR5

So 2.5x the power then (It's about 1.83TF right now iirc)

poklane said:
pbroy said:

You just killed my boner. 😤 Source?

https://twitter.com/rjcc/statuses/773613020283035648

That is disappointing. 

Even the Xbox 1 Slim supports 4k Blurays... This is such a dumb move

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Luke888 said:
After this event I feel Hungry, they shoulsn't have shown that Toast and Sandwitch...
Seriously the price for PS4 Pro is great but whoever chose that design needs to be fired

Agreed... I have the limited edition UC4 PS4, and man I hate that a peace of plastic slob will replace it :( I mean WTF. It looks cheap as hell :| But allas, untill it plays the games, I cannot complain.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
exclusive_console said:
Snoopy said:
According to some twitter posts, the ps4 pro will have the same cpu as the original ps4 that is overclocked. PS4 cpu was already worse than xbox one cpu so this upgrade may be mainly for VR.

I guess the cpu and ram has got 25% boost apart from gpu which is twice as fast as the PS4. All that for 100$ sounds good. But how games on 1080P mode will look in comparision is still unknown. No fps drops, aa, better gfx affects, draw distance will do it for me

Up to devs according to some people. The games have to be recoded a little for ps4 pro. 

The ps4 pro will have 4.4 tflops which isn't bad.

think-man said:
Does it provide better fps? Thats what im mostly wanting.

I hope we will see some 30fps games running in 60fps on the PRO if you play in 1080p. (especially racing games even if they are no simulations)

But it should at least mean that games struggling to reach 30fps or 60fps on the standard PS4 will reach a constant framerate on PS4 PRO pretty easily in 1080p. 

Xbox scorpio will have a little more than 6flops wich will probably make the xbox one scropio about 500 dollars.

Captain_Yuri said:
teigaga said:
I think Microsoft could win an audience if they announce a 60fps box

Eurogamer has been pretty on point with the leaks for both the Neo and Scorpio. If we go by them for Scorpio and MS doesn't change anything, the frame rate will be the same as the x1's just more stable round off. So like if a game is running at 25 fps, it will be stable 30 fps. It won't be like a game is running 30 fps will be 60 fps on Scorpio provided the leaks are true.

Looking at the Eurogamer piece they didn't leak anything about Scorpio's CPU, they just speculated because MS didn't boast of a new CPU at their press conference. With the system being over a year away, Its hardware is certainly not set in stone. I'd be surprise if they didn't upgrade it given that the Neo has 4k covered. Also the same leak that initially revealed Scorpio said Microsoft is taking an interative hardware approach going forward, similar to apple. Keeping the same CPU would be terrible for Scorpio's longterm prospects.

Nymeria said:
poklane said:

https://twitter.com/rjcc/statuses/773613020283035648

That is disappointing. 

mind blowing really