By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim, $299, September 15th - PS4 Pro, $399, November 10th

teigaga said:
potato_hamster said:

Because a year or so after Scorpio hits, the PS5 is probably going to be announced, which will likely destroy the specs of the scorpio.

I doubt the PS5 is coming for another 4 years.

Well this is still up for debate. I am still expecting PS5 in 2019. I dont know how SOny will ride it out untill Q4 2020. But time and sales will tell when a new generation should arrive.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I hope that the PS4 Pro supports 2.5''-HDDs with a height of 15mm, allowing 4TB-HDDs.

The 1 year advantage of this over the scorpion means it wins that race by default.
Also if the specs of the scorpio are as rumored I doubt they can keep theirs under 500$.
By the time it launches this PS4 pro will probably have dropped 50$ or so.

Its gonna be tough for MS to sell the scorpio imo.

Did they show Uncharted running on the Pro? Is it...is it 60fps!? Or are they just going for sudo-4K?

Slimebeast said:
Snoopy said:

Xbox scorpio will have a little more than 6flops wich will probably make the xbox one scropio about 500 dollars.

No. In one year from now those 6TFLOP GPUs from AMD won't cost more than the 4.2TFLOP PS4 Pro GPU costs this November. And on top of that Microsoft could opt to lose a little money on each unit sold in order to gain some marketshare.

Plus it would be suicide to price the Scorpion $500 when the competition has been out for a whole year at $400.

And i suspect a price drop from Sony when the Scorpion launches just to kick MS in the balls. 

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
Did they show Uncharted running on the Pro? Is it...is it 60fps!? Or are they just going for sudo-4K?

Only mentioned HDR for Uncharted 4.

JRPGfan said:
The 1 year advantage of this over the scorpion means it wins that race by default.
Also if the specs of the scorpio are as rumored I doubt they can keep theirs under 500$.
By the time it launches this PS4 pro will probably have dropped 50$ or so.

Its gonna be tough for MS to sell the scorpio imo.

Scorpio will be a premium product for sure. Not sure how many people will be willing to part with that kind of money four years into a generation, no matter how big the upgrade. By the time it reaches a good price, the gen will be basically over.

think-man said:
Slimebeast said:

No. In one year from now those 6TFLOP GPUs from AMD won't cost more than the 4.2TFLOP PS4 Pro GPU costs this November. And on top of that Microsoft could opt to lose a little money on each unit sold in order to gain some marketshare.

Plus it would be suicide to price the Scorpion $500 when the competition has been out for a whole year at $400.

And i suspect a price drop from Sony when the Scorpion launches just to kick MS in the balls. 

For me it's kind of obvious

6 TFLOPS is to 4.2 TFLOPS what 1.84 TFLOPS is to 1.3 TFLOPS, so I don't understand why PS4 Pro is launching this year while poor Microsoft will have to wait until the next.

6 TFLOPS is not all that special if people will have had a whole year to get their eyes used to 4.2 TFLOPS. The Scorpion already is beginning to sound underwhelming, relatively speaking.

Scorpion's only chance to stand out at least a little bit is to up the specs to 8 TFLOPS and include the brand new Zen CPU from AMD.

poklane said:
Trunkin said:

Only mentioned HDR for Uncharted 4.