By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto appears at Apple event - Super Mario Run announced.

JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:
I have no interest in mobile games, but it will probably be big. Also good on Nintendo for not doing microtransactions.

Take note of the left side of the screen shot...

It's apparently a simple free to play. Play a bit of the game for free, buy the rest of it. 

And I would bet my ass that it will have microtrasanctions.

Jpcc86 said:
Their focus on mobile gaming (ewwww) makes me worry about their support for consoles. Would hate it if the NX turns out to be just like the Wiiu

Nintendo doesnt develop their phone games. Well, maybe one or two designers help create them. But DeNa are the developers of Nintendo mobile games. 

Just look at Pokemon GO. GameFreak didnt develop that, Niantic did.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Huge announcement! This game will be guaranteed a huge success just like Pokemon Go! Nintendo really should think about going full third-party!

kowenicki said:
Ninty stock now up 25%.

This time it can be justified due to Nintendo would be making money from this completely. Most likely got a sweet deal to make it timed exclusive as well. 

HYPED! I didn't know Nintendo was showing anything today. And such a great move to show it during Apple's conference, good on you Nintendo!

Slarvax said:
JWeinCom said:

Take note of the left side of the screen shot...

It's apparently a simple free to play. Play a bit of the game for free, buy the rest of it. 

And I would bet my ass that it will have microtrasanctions.

Jpcc86 said:
Their focus on mobile gaming (ewwww) makes me worry about their support for consoles. Would hate it if the NX turns out to be just like the Wiiu

Nintendo doesnt develop their phone games. Well, maybe one or two designers help create them. But DeNa are the developers of Nintendo mobile games. 

Just look at Pokemon GO. GameFreak didnt develop that, Niantic did.

This isn't true, Pokemon GO is made by Niantic, but Nintendo's other mobile games will be made by Nintendo themselves. DeNA handles things like game transactions. Nintendo made that clear last year. 

Also, Super Mario Run is not free to play apparently. It's a paid game. 

Around the Network

This thread is way less salty than I thought it would be

Hopefully it comes to Android soon

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Gotta admit this looks kinda cool. 

These small on the side mobile games are a brilliant move by Nintendo for when the NX eventually comes out and will make millions for them just by themselves.

It's not an actual first party regular Mario game, but just rather a little side thing to offer people a taste of the real thing they can get if they buy an NX. Gain people's interest with it, then they'll buy a console to play the actual thing.

Their mobile games will never be a substitute for the actual first party releases on their systems. Just a little something on the side to gain people's interests into wanting to get the real thing.

Full video of game footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E39ychZKnDI

It actually looks like a pretty full featured NSMB game. 

Soundwave said:

Gotta admit this looks kinda cool. 

I was very surprised by the guys skill.

There were a couple times that I was like "oh he F* up" but then he did these small jumps and other things to save himself and did a smooth run.

Though it could easily be a pre-recording.