By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo NX Launch Won’t Have Take-Two Support

NX is more likely to get upgraded versions of android games than anything from ps4 or xbone. I'm sure if Nintendo beats the odd and the NX is a huge seller they will bother but much more likely it will get nothing and the same applies to many other publishers and developers I'm sure.

While the wii u had the runaway success of the wii before it to give hope that the wii u would be successful at the beginning the NX is following a huge failure and so far what has been released about the NX seems to make it less commercial than the wii u.

I can only hope Nintendo has some trick under its sleeve that will surprise us all.

Also Nvidia is a company that both Sony and Microsoft hated dealing with and has a history of being unreasonable with regard royalty payments.

It just feels this is the beginning of many such statements from publishers and to be honest who can blame them.

Around the Network

The biggest question of all is how many gamers would really be willing to buy an NX. The new Zelda game will be on the WiiU anyways and Mario will be Mario. I'd think by now gamers would be tired of most Mario games. Mario Kart is another story however.

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
The biggest question of all is how many gamers would really be willing to buy an NX. The new Zelda game will be on the WiiU anyways and Mario will be Mario. I'd think by now gamers would be tired of most Mario games. Mario Kart is another story however.

Well here's 1 non Wii U owner who definitely intends to pick up an NX+Zelda. Honesly I know so many Nintendo fans who didn't touch the Wii U (I didn't get a 3DS either). The NX being a hybrid will really make it more enticing than a stand alone home console or handheld. But back to the OP, I think NX can have a successful first year off of 1st party titles with a few big 3rd party contributions just like the Wii did. By the end of the first year, developers were announcing games left, right and centre. 

Damn, Take-Two is a huge lost for NX...

Take Two games never sell well on Nintendo consoles, let alone handhelds in general. NX needs to prove itself as a viable platform through its install base before 3rd parties take notice.

Around the Network

Well the NX is launching in March, NBA 2K18 won't be out till this time next year, which will probably be their first NX game.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I'm going to guess that Bethesda wont be there for the launch either...

bigtakilla said:
AZWification said:

What a shame. I really wanted late ports of Mafia 3 and NBA at the NX launch.

Wasn't Transformers Prime only available on Nintendo consoles? So, it's not like late ports were all Take Two gave it. Not to mention NBA2K was one of the only licensed sports titles to ever come to Wii U. I'd say this is pretty sad news.

But late ports are the only things TT could give the NX at launch. They don't have anything coming out in Jan-March.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm shocked.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

As others have said, I don't know if they'll support it but that statement really doesn't indicate that they'll be ignoring the NX... even if they had launch day titles the impact on their year from the NX would indeed be exceedingly little.

If they suggest the same for the following year, then maybe we can start assuming they won't get involved.