By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo NX Launch Won’t Have Take-Two Support

Duh, won't be any 3RD party support for NX in terms of console games. Handheld games, sure.

Around the Network

No one should be surprised by this since Take-Two generally doesn't support consoles at launch. For some examples, Take-Two only had NBA 2K13 at launch on Wii U; only NBA 2K14 on PS4 and Xbox One; only NBA 2K7 and NHL 2K7 on PS3; only NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K6 on Xbox 360. It released nothing at launch on 3DS, PSV, DS or PSP.

It's not like Activision, EA and Ubisoft who are generally present at every new platform launch.

they're all saying that they are evaluating what they can do on the NX, but right now, they just don't give a shit and are waiting to see the sales

PS4's launch line up didn't have any Take-Two games either, this doesn't mean anything.

Nintendo is launching at a highly unusual time after all, normally new consoles are released at a years end not at its beginning.
They could just be waiting so they dont release games they already did release months prior again, just like they did with the Wii U.

Also, after the flop the Wii U turned out to be you can hardly blame them for being careful with their investments.
I've been saying it time and time again, but if Nintendo wants third parties back in a serious way, they'll have to do the rounds, ask them and negotiate it instead of just allowing them to get devkits and wait for them to do something like they did with the Wii U.
The industry simply forgot Nintendo as a possible platform holder that can keep up with Sony and MS, so Nintendo will have to WORK to remind them.
No matter what NX is in the end, their will be little faith in it by third-partys if Nintendo does nothing to encourage it!

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Around the Network
MrCkurab said:

Nintendo is launching at a highly unusual time after all, normally new consoles are released at a years end not at its beginning.
They could just be waiting so they dont release games they already did release months prior again, just like they did with the Wii U.

Also, after the flop the Wii U turned out to be you can hardly blame them for being careful with their investments.
I've been saying it time and time again, but if Nintendo wants third parties back in a serious way, they'll have to do the rounds, ask them and negotiate it instead of just allowing them to get devkits and wait for them to do something like they did with the Wii U.
The industry simply forgot Nintendo as a possible platform holder that can keep up with Sony and MS, so Nintendo will have to WORK to remind them.
No matter what NX is in the end, their will be little faith in it by third-partys if Nintendo does nothing to encourage it!

Yeah, I think other than Fifa and any legacy games (classic games remastered etc) there shouldn't really be any late ports to the NX. They will only flop. 

Not surprised.

teigaga said:
PS4's launch line up didn't have any Take-Two games either, this doesn't mean anything.

Actually, it had NBA 2K14.

But the real point is that the Wii didn't have any T2 games in 2006, or even up until May 2007. Then they had six in 2007 (starting in June 2007), ten in 2008, nine in 2009, seven in 2010, five in 2011, and three in 2012.

Note that there's no way they got the first few games done purely within 2007 - they must have been making at least a few of them prior to launch.

And while NBA 2K14 was on PS4 and XBO at launch, there wasn't another T2 title on either system until almost a year later. That NX won't have their games within the first month is not even slightly concerning.

AZWification said:

What a shame. I really wanted late ports of Mafia 3 and NBA at the NX launch.

Wasn't Transformers Prime only available on Nintendo consoles? So, it's not like late ports were all Take Two gave it. Not to mention NBA2K was one of the only licensed sports titles to ever come to Wii U. I'd say this is pretty sad news.

bigtakilla said:
AZWification said:

What a shame. I really wanted late ports of Mafia 3 and NBA at the NX launch.

Wasn't Transformers Prime only available on Nintendo consoles? So, it's not like late ports were all Take Two gave it. Not to mention NBA2K was one of the only licensed sports titles to ever come to Wii U. I'd say this is pretty sad news.

Yes, but Transformers Prime was published by Activision, not Take-Two as the OP article suggests. NBA 2K13 is the sole title released on Wii U by Take-Two.