By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favoruite RPG franchise?

What is your favourite RPG franchise?

Mass Effect 9 5.03%

Fallout 7 3.91%

The Witcher 6 3.35%

Final Fantasy 65 36.31%

Kingdom Hearts 12 6.70%

Pokemon (not sure if you ... 16 8.94%

The Elder Scrolls 11 6.15%

Diablo 1 0.56%

Dark Souls 10 5.59%

Other (post below). 42 23.46%

Total:179

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but I'd say Mario and Luigi RPG. The series is very charming and the battle system is very fun and unique.

Also, I loved Xenoblade and it's one of my favorite standalone RPG series of all time, but I haven't played X to count that series as my favorite.

Classic FF is pretty great too.

Around the Network

Elder scrolls for me

Dragon Quest

Discounting all IPs with less then 3 games, but still tough one for me to choose:

I love Fallout 1/2, I think 3 is between meh and decent, NV is between decent and fine, but 4 is just horrible, and I pretty much expect them to get even worse.

I love Gothic (yes, even 3rd) but there's only 3 of them...this can change in the future, but until then...

...I'd have to go with Might and Magic, since there are 9 of them (well, 10 if we count Legacy), sure, some of them are pretty bad, but there is both quantity and quality in that franchise.

I have a few, but Fire Emblem is probably my favorite.

Around the Network

Borderlands of course

Rightnow it's Xenoblade, then it's fire emblem & dragon quest

My favourite by far was Suikoden, next in line are Lunar, Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem. The only new franchise I liked from last gen was Valkyria Chronicles, Lost Odyssey and Resonance of Fate could join it if they ever get a new entry.

Fantasía Final.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Hmm... Witcher probably... Golden Sun and Mass Effect come to mind too.