By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Market Cap Overtakes Entire Sony Corp. (Pokemon GO!)

Around the Network
Trentonater said:
Stock soaring off of a game they had very little to do with. It wont last once the traders realize nintendo isn't going full mobile.

they don't develop the main pokemon games neither, they did the same thing here, they own 33% of the pokemon company, they fund the game and the marketing, plus they invested in Niantic.

Miyamotoo said:
Lol we made same threads in same time. :)

I think it safe presume that Pokemon Go will be on NX/next Nintendo handheld with some exclusive staffs.

Pokemon Go needs GPS and mobile Internet, both would be new to Nintendo handhelds. Besides that I think Niantic has enough work to do (fix the freezes) so that they cannot support another platform. People seem to forget that Pokemon Go isn't a Nintendo game, it is a Niantic game with Pokemon license.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I hope now Nintendo knows what to do next to keep the good results. Because you know, this is not about reaching the top, but stay there.

Anyway, waiting to see the effect of the release in Japan and the launch of FE and AC mobile games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mnementh said:
Miyamotoo said:
Lol we made same threads in same time. :)

I think it safe presume that Pokemon Go will be on NX/next Nintendo handheld with some exclusive staffs.

Pokemon Go needs GPS and mobile Internet, both would be new to Nintendo handhelds. Besides that I think Niantic has enough work to do (fix the freezes) so that they cannot support another platform. People seem to forget that Pokemon Go isn't a Nintendo game, it is a Niantic game with Pokemon license.

Well, we still dont know what exactly what is NX, maybe is home console with controller that can be act like standalone handheld. Pokemon Company can port game to NX. People seems to forget that whole Pokemon GO project is started buy Nintendo even game is mostly developed by Niantic alone, not to mention that Nintendo directly invest in project and they are involved in project though Pokemon Company also.

Around the Network
onionberry said:

I laughed at this far more than I should have.

Awesome! Good news for Nintendo! Hopefully this is just the start of a good return for Nintendo.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Looks like I'm proved right. I've always said mobile is the place for Nintendo. And all they did was release 1 pokemon spin off title and it benefits them more then the 3DS and Wii U combined.

As I've always said. If Nintendo shift their focus to Android and iOS they will drown in cash.

LOL! That gif! If only Iwata were here to see the fruits of his labor. Word is, he had a LOT to do with the game's development. But this is crazy...Nintendo only makes videogames! And they didn't even make this one XD The IP is very strong, let's hope Nintendo and Niantic have Gen 2 ready to go by October.