By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Market Cap Overtakes Entire Sony Corp. (Pokemon GO!)

They suffered a steep drop to be sure, but the stock is still more than 60% higher than it was at the beginning of the month, so there's that, at least. 

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

They suffered a steep drop to be sure, but the stock is still more than 60% higher than it was at the beginning of the month, so there's that, at least. 

I wouldn't say at least.  I'd say that's a very big positive full stop. Who cares if it dropped back 20%.  It was over inflated anyway.  

Anyone know if they're still bigger than Sony? 

Kerotan said:
Ariakon said:

I wouldn't say at least.  I'd say that's a very big positive full stop. Who cares if it dropped back 20%.  It was over inflated anyway.  

Nah, they dropped back below Sony the day after they went over them. Right now Nintendo's cap is at about 25 billion and Sony's is at 38 billion. Sony's stock could potentially take a decent hit or have a good surge depending upon the earnings they will report soon, though. 

Ariakon said:
Kerotan said:

Nah, they dropped back below Sony the day after they went over them. Right now Nintendo's cap is at about 25 billion and Sony's is at 38 billion. Sony's stock could potentially take a decent hit or have a good surge depending upon the earnings they will report soon, though. 

Interesting.  So Sony comfortably ahead again.  

Kerotan said:
Ariakon said:

Interesting.  So Sony comfortably ahead again.  

Yeah, Nintendo's stock is finally around where it probably should be, considering its actual earnings and potential. I suspect Sony's stock might have a rough week as well, as most of the Japanese exporters are giving out tough quarterly reports on the rising yen. I think they report tomorrow morning (tomorrow afternoon in Japan). 

Around the Network

bananaking21 said:

Lol. Hopefully it comes back :(