By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Market Cap Overtakes Entire Sony Corp. (Pokemon GO!)

Nuvendil said:
Slarvax said:

It still has to release in many countries and the most important one (Japan). They could also try to release it in China and Korea, which are the biggest mobile game markets, but right now it's not planned.

So the stocks will take a few more jumps. Safe to say Nintendo shares will be like 1.5x or maybe even 2x more expensive than before PoGo released when everything settles down.

Well my point is that even after it releases everywhere it still won't justify the prices we saw.  Nintendo only gets at most some 30% of the revenue from GO, their actual growth is radically disproportionate to the stock growth. 

Some analyst's have be saying that you would need half of all humanity playing go to justify the increased stock price ,but then again this isn't the first time or the last , that a rush to get on the band wagon for the next big thing sees a over heating of certain stocks , still it has already dropped around 13% in one day and even if you take into account people profit taking a cooling off appears to be happening.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Darashiva said:
It'll be interesting to see if they can keep the stock price that high once the initial hype on Pokémon Go dies down. Right now just about everyone is playing it, but to be perfectly honest, as the game is now it really doesn't feel like something with long term staying power. They need to bring new stuff to it polish what's already there to keep people playing. Getting the servers fixed would be a good start.

The news feed running on the bottom of the  news this morning on TV, reported that Nintendo stock dropped sharply.

More or less what I expected. The app didn't really seem good enough to really carry such a high value, at least not in its current form. 

Nice one!!!!
Hopefully with Japan release + All the Asian Countries will keep the HYPE going! And I can't wait for the raids/legendary events! It will definetly increase the current users on at the same time again! But I guess they are making sure the Servers can handle it!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SpokenTruth said:
mjk45 said:

On Australian TV it was reported that Nintendo's shares had dropped sharply but not how much.

From a high of ~38 a few days ago, it is now down to 32.5 because they have dealyed the Japanese launch of the game.

Can't wait to see pics and videos of its reception in Japan. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Let's keep hopes high

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It seems like the Japanese release has stopped the stocks from dropping further.

Lawlight said:
It seems like the Japanese release has stopped the stocks from dropping further.

Actually its being closed thats making stocks from dropping. The effect fpr japan hasnt happened yet

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Actually its being closed thats making stocks from dropping. The effect fpr japan hasnt happened yet

Fairly sure it has been released in Japan on Friday before the market closed.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Fairly sure it has been released in Japan on Friday before the market closed.

Yeah because itll magically give us the a answers we need within that same day? Can you wait intill Mon/Tues?

Pocky Lover Boy!