By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo Waiting to Reveal NX Because of "Idea"

Shigeru Miyamoto was quoted in an AP story as saying that Nintendo has been quiet on the NX because of an "idea" that they have. See below:

"In terms of NX, there's an idea that we're working on," said "Super Mario" and "Donkey Kong" creator Shigeru Miyamoto through a Japanese translator. "That's why we can't share anything at this point, and I don't want to comment on the other companies. If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker."

I don't know about you guys but this is KILLING me! This isn't the first time someone from Nintendo has said that they've been wanted to keep some 'idea' about the NX secret. What is this idea? I need to know!

Also, interesting that he said it's not just a matter of 'advancements' in technology. Does this confirm that the NX won't be just a more powerful, 'traditional' console?

Sauce: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/eee6b9beb78a440eb74e54ea2bd1232a/new-vision-video-game-consoles

Around the Network

"and I don't want to comment on the other companies. If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker." They are trying to do something different and not just a gpu cpu upgrade, ughh can't wait!

Oh yeah i was going to make a thread on this but it's not really thread worthy so ill post it here.
There's going to be NX news in 2 days because of Nintendo's IR meeting.

Hologram of princess zelda giving head whilst you game..

Explains why Pachter thinks it will sell 10millionunits

Come on sex toy add on!

Maybe they are trying VR? Whatever it is, I just hope it doesn't add to the cost of the hardware without having enough in return.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Whatever this idea is, it better hit it out of the park and blow past PSNeo and Xbox Scorpio in terms of innovation and technology.

"If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker."

THANK YOU MIYAMOTO! Anybody can put together the "next logical step". And they come out much quicker with simple CPU and GPU updates. Which is okay to an extent. But this is Nintendo's mindset and it's different and I love it. I hope Jason1637 is right!

Captain_Yuri said:
Come on sex toy add on!

Maybe they are trying VR? Whatever it is, I just hope it doesn't add to the cost of the hardware without having enough in return.

Hum... I remember Reggie saying that Nintendo would not focus on VR until it proves to be Mainstream.

Come on... what is it. xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_y-_P6j5W8

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Come on sex toy add on!

Hum... I remember Reggie saying that Nintendo would not focus on VR until it proves to be Mainstream.

Thank goodness for that. A lot of VR stuff I've seen looks underwhelming.

Dual d-pads!!!! FINALLY! Nintendo is getting with the times!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.