By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo Waiting to Reveal NX Because of "Idea"

onionberry said:
"and I don't want to comment on the other companies. If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker." They are trying to do something different and not just a gpu cpu upgrade, ughh can't wait!

That doesnt mean anything. Notice he says "if it was JUST a matter of technology".

I dont think it will be a powerhouse, but lets not give meaning to stuff he didnt say.

Around the Network

So another gimmicky console? This is bullshit Nintendo!
I just hope the new idea is a good one that lasts. Not a novelty that wears off within a year.

The real reason Nintendo can't compete with specs even with having the best first party games is because after the 90's Nintendo forgot Marketing 101. Using propaganda and fancy bullshit on the gamers to get their consoles and games. They rocked that in the 90's and now Sony and Microsoft own it. Marketing is about programing the consumers mind to like attend. Right now gamers are programed to like graphics and stuff.

Kind of like how Apple tries to program consumers to spend $600 to jack off on a new shiny white phone every year.

Well, this has me a bit excited, but also concerned. This could end up being a cool new innovative device, or another failure of a gimmick. Hopefully it's not the 2nd.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Airaku said:
So another gimmicky console? This is bullshit Nintendo!
I just hope the new idea is a good one that lasts. Not a novelty that wears off within a year.

The real reason Nintendo can't compete with specs even with having the best first party games is because after the 90's Nintendo forgot Marketing 101. Using propaganda and fancy bullshit on the gamers to get their consoles and games. They rocked that in the 90's and now Sony and Microsoft own it. Marketing is about programing the consumers mind to like attend. Right now gamers are programed to like graphics and stuff.

Kind of like how Apple tries to program consumers to spend $600 to jack off on a new shiny white phone every year.

Their marketing wasn't that good even in the 90s, lol, they were getting outmarketed by Sega and Sony fairly handily, their games were just so great and they had a fair amount of third party support that they were kind of the defacto brand. 

They let Sony and later MS gain too much power and become too far entrenched into their territory, that's where it all went wrong.

Sony and MS already know what the secret is. Lets be real here. They have great relationships with third party developers.

Around the Network

Show us that dishwasher already!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Soundwave said:

Their marketing wasn't that good even in the 90s, lol, they were getting outmarketed by Sega and Sony fairly handily, their games were just so great and they had a fair amount of third party support that they were kind of the defacto brand. 

They let Sony and later MS gain too much power and become too far entrenched into their territory, that's where it all went wrong.

Pretty much, but I would say their marketing was good in the 90's. Especially, in the early half. Kind of shoving the idea that they are the best and most powerful console down your throats. Kind of like what Sony is doing now, only more aggressively. Sony congratulates the competition. While Nintendo never said it, you could clearly notice the "Fuck Sega" attitude in their marketing.

It's some times hard for me to believe that this is the same company sometimes. The same can be said about Sega. Oh how times change.

Nintendo, whatever this idea is, make sure it includes making NX your sole platform going forward.

inb4 VR

Probably too late, though I hope it's not VR..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Airaku said:
Soundwave said:

Pretty much, but I would say their marketing was good in the 90's. Especially, in the early half. Kind of shoving the idea that they are the best and most powerful console down your throats. Kind of like what Sony is doing now, only more aggressively. Sony congratulates the competition. While Nintendo never said it, you could clearly notice the "Fuck Sega" attitude in their marketing.

It's some times hard for me to believe that this is the same company sometimes. The same can be said about Sega. Oh how times change.

The thing about NOA during the Howard Lincoln years was that they at least tried to market to everyone while still emphasizing kids and families.  Modern NOA seems like they're eternally trying to recapture the casual market while almost exclusively marketing to children and maintaining some self-created ideal as the Disney of video games.