By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo Waiting to Reveal NX Because of "Idea"

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
So it would be a lot harder to deliver a HW that is illogical and don't get technical advancements? Hope they don't end up with another WiiU revolution. And that is the only reason they are taking long, because since WiiU wasn't successful they can't just upgrade it, they have to change everything, you can see that WiiU succeeded Wii a lot faster because they though they could keep the formula.

?

Wii was succeeded after 6 years on the market, Wii U will be succeeded by NX after less than four and a half.

And we didn't had that much rumours or Nintendo saying they are ready for a successor but not saying much about it. So even if the generation were longer that doesn't mean that the sucessor took longer to be made.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Wii was succeeded after 6 years on the market, Wii U will be succeeded by NX after less than four and a half.

And we didn't had that much rumours or Nintendo saying they are ready for a successor but not saying much about it. So even if the generation were longer that doesn't mean that the sucessor took longer to be made.

They're being more secretive with NX than they were with Wii U, but both were first alluded to a similar length of time before their release.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

They're being more secretive with NX than they were with Wii U, but both were first alluded to a similar length of time before their release.

Ok, my bad then. At least in this forum I just remember threads about Wii successor closer to the release. But for NX we have been seing rumour threads for like one year already and basically nothing is know about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Ok, my bad then. At least in this forum I just remember threads about Wii successor closer to the release. But for NX we have been seing rumour threads for like one year already and basically nothing is know about it.

Rumours about both started cropping up roughly two years before their release, I guess there just seems to be more buzz about NX because this time they're being super secretive and vague, whereas last time we knew what we were getting a year and a half out.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Rumours about both started cropping up roughly two years before their release, I guess there just seems to be more buzz about NX because this time they're being super secretive and vague, whereas last time we knew what we were getting a year and a half out.

Ok I see it... perhaps because WiiU were already "ready" 1,5 year before release while NX is still getting major changes until they can set the optimum for it?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Ok I see it... perhaps because WiiU were already "ready" 1,5 year before release while NX is still getting major changes until they can set the optimum for it?

There's no way to know really. For all we know NX could have been finalized last year and they really are just afraid it'll be imitated. One of the more annoying traits of modern Nintendo is their secrecy.

Mar1217 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just unified platform would make NX very different console than any other, new concept and new idea doesn't mean that console can't be traditional in same time. I think it's tradinaul console but with unified platform and probably some other gimmick. And that in any case dosesnt mean that NX with all that cant easily outpoform XB1 for $300 price point.

Like I sad, I expecting unified platform, with maybe another gimmick, with power between XB1-PS4 and price point $249-299.

It doesn't even make sense. When you look at the facts, Nintendo has always bring us a new console more powerful than the others on the market each generation, even after the 7th generation with the WiiU which is more powerful than a Xbox 360/PS3. If they bring something like this now, that would be a big middle finger to the gaming community. After the failure of the WiiU, it's obvious that Nintendo won't just try to appeal to the casual market. If they want to be more successful, they'll need everyone like Sony is doing. The console will definitely be at least more powerful than a PS4 and at least on the same price point than the WiiU right now.

You realise that Wii U was just a little more powerfule than 7 years old consoles!? Wii U needed to compete with XB1/PS4 not 7 years old consoles.

Nintendo can't win console war with specs, not in middle of generation and when we having PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio knocking on door. Releasing console that would be on pair with Xbox Scorpio means console of around $500, and realising $500 console in middle of generation would be suicide for Nintendo.

Nintendo with NX will go for 1080p gaming, some new concept and affordable price (most likly $300), so they really don't need stronger hardware than PS4. IMO in worst case NX will have power similar to XB1, realistically somewhere between XB1 and PS4, but also could have similar power to PS4 or even little above, I dont think NX will be much stronger than PS4 in any case.

Yep, another gimmick system then. I really just hope whatever it is doesn't get in the way of actually playing games. Nintendo only has a 50-50 track record with this though so I'm pretty worried. Extra screen on DS and Wii U were fine, Motion controls on Wii and 3D on 3DS were jank.

jason1637 said:
Oh yeah i was going to make a thread on this but it's not really thread worthy so ill post it here.
There's going to be NX news in 2 days because of Nintendo's IR meeting.

Maybe not. :(

SJReiter said:
jason1637 said:
Oh yeah i was going to make a thread on this but it's not really thread worthy so ill post it here.
There's going to be NX news in 2 days because of Nintendo's IR meeting.

Maybe not. :(

Maybe we could at least get a date for the unveiling. They have to tell us something, it can't just be unveiled out of the blue...I hope.