By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Ghostbusters theme song (Warning: no matter how low your expectations are, prepare to be disappointed)

Tagged games:

I'm assuming you hating on it aren't aware of Fall Out Boy.. It's pretty much their sound, and they have some level of popularity for younger audiences. Plus.. its Missy Elliot. anything with her is NEVER considered bad. lol

Also.. It's not a remake..  A few of the lyrics are similar...  but "I'm Not Affraid" is the focus point of this song..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

Wait, they changed the theme song? Why would they change the theme song? It's the most recognisable part of the Ghostbusters series.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

O.M.G...

Mr.Playstation said:
It's different from the original but it isn't that bad :(. People are just hating for no apparent reason now.

it sounds like crap though. Like the only somewhat redeemable moments in the remix song are the onse that sound SOMEWHAT akin to the original song.... i.e. its crap.

bear in mind this is a MOVIE theme song. The remix sounds okay as a remix for a random CD but it is not catchty and sound ridiculous as a main theme for a film. Unless its just a bonus of some sort in the end credits

Again 'not THAT bad' is a weak argumenet when the original theme song is soooo fucking good

Around the Network
cpg716 said:

I'm assuming you hating on it aren't aware of Fall Out Boy.. It's pretty much their sound, and they have some level of popularity for younger audiences. Plus.. its Missy Elliot. anything with her is NEVER considered bad. lol

Also.. It's not a remake..  A few of the lyrics are similar...  but "I'm Not Affraid" is the focus point of this song..

yikes, I hardly think the general concensus is that EITHER Missy Elliot OR Fallout Boy are particularly high quality musical groups. Maybe for the 12-16 year old age group (which certainly isn't the predominant Ghostbusters fan age)

I agree that the original Ghostbusters theme hasn't aged all that well, but this new song... this movie is checking all the wrong boxes.

But you know the worst part of this new remake? The original has a 67 in metacritic. This abomination could be "better" than the original!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I agree that the original Ghostbusters theme hasn't aged all that well, but this new song... this movie is checking all the wrong boxes.

But you know the worst part of this new remake? The original has a 67 in metacritic. This abomination could be "better" than the original!

That's a goddam dirty lie! It's a perfect example of "Mandela Effect"! The original has like a 97% positive rating!

You take your filthy tongue and bite it for saying something like that. Then, you take your filthy fingers and BITE THEM for for typing that post!!

It wasn't *that* bad.

I loved Ghosbusters as a kid, but some people are way too defensive over this franchise. The first one was a terrific film that caught lightning in a bottle, but you want to know what else sucked? Ghostbusters II.

Eh... it's alright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.