By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Ghostbusters theme song (Warning: no matter how low your expectations are, prepare to be disappointed)

Tagged games:

axumblade said:
JEMC said:

I agree that the original Ghostbusters theme hasn't aged all that well, but this new song... this movie is checking all the wrong boxes.

But you know the worst part of this new remake? The original has a 67 in metacritic. This abomination could be "better" than the original!

That's not very surprising considering a lot of movies from the eighties and nineties that are considered classic have low ratings

Goonies.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Doesnt seem so bad.

Its a Fallout boy song thats for sure lol

Edit: Wait there's a new movie coming out? Didnt the last one flop?

Ghostbusters II was profitable $37 milion dollar budget and made $215 million dollars world wide.  It just didn't make as much money as the first one but since it also had a lot more merchandising and product tie ins and placements then the first movie my guess it was almost as profitable.

It's been years since i've heard a FOB song, their sound has changed a lot. Less pop punk and more pop. Not a fan.

I expected the movie to be a shitty movie, same for the music so i'm not disappointed

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

JEMC said:

I agree that the original Ghostbusters theme hasn't aged all that well, but this new song... this movie is checking all the wrong boxes.

But you know the worst part of this new remake? The original has a 67 in metacritic. This abomination could be "better" than the original!

Purple Rain has metascore of 52 yet it made both Siskel and Eberts top ten movie list for 1984.  Recently saw it for the first time considering that pretty much nobody in the cast actually is a professional actor I give it a 7/10 the music in the film and its soundtrack is a 10/10.  Purple Rain is easily one of the 10 best albums of the 80s and also one of the best movie soundtracks of all time.

Around the Network

The song isn't great, but this thread did make me go look at a movie trailer. It doesn't look too bad, looks like ghostbusters, I'll go see it.

RolStoppable said:
There are a few seconds that resemble something that could be considered good.

And those are the seconds of silence while the song quickly buffers.

What... the.... hell..... they butchered it.

The orginal is like a master peice... this is more like a 4/10, its mediocre at best.

gergroy said:
The song isn't great, but this thread did make me go look at a movie trailer. It doesn't look too bad, looks like ghostbusters, I'll go see it.

That, or check the first movie trailer.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Peh said:
Not watchable in germany...

I envy you.