By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CD Projekt Red: "NX will be fantastic! Tons of hype for it from developers"

Goodnightmoon said:

I found really strange that CDPR was making that statement, now is clear why but:

Of course now some people is gonna say devs take NX as a joke or something on the lines, but the truth is he simply doesn't know much about it, he was just joking the whole interview.

Yeah, I was kind of annoyed that people immediately just took the fact he was joking to mean that they were thinking the NX was a joke.

Around the Network

Scorpio has to be cheap!!!

Switch!!!

MDMAlliance said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I found really strange that CDPR was making that statement, now is clear why but:

Of course now some people is gonna say devs take NX as a joke or something on the lines, but the truth is he simply doesn't know much about it, he was just joking the whole interview.

Yeah, I was kind of annoyed that people immediately just took the fact he was joking to mean that they were thinking the NX was a joke.

Is Nintendo, some people is gonna try to make any possible spin to make them look bad or doomed, even a harmless joke, is tradition here :P

Never count Nintendo out...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

darkknightkryta said:
Meelow said:

They never praised the Wii U.

Not them specifically.  Plenty of other devs had.  Those were official.  There were also these "Devs praise Wii U.... People will be impressed..." etc that this person is currently saying.  Not saying the NX will be bad or anything.  I just don't trust what this guy is saying, especially when this talk was almost identical to what we were hearing with the Wii U.

So you don't trust what CDPR, one of the most transparent developers out there, is saying because other, larger companies gave generic PR praise last go around?

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Louie said:
Neo and Scorpio mean new chances for Nintendo: Usually their console would've been outdated soon after launch but without traditional generation cycles things are different. The standard PS4 / Xbox One will keep getting games for at least 3-4 years because Sony / Microsoft made it mandatory to support them. So Nintendo can comfortably release a console that is equal in power to those machines without being outdated soon. Neo and Scorpio will be overshooting quite a large portion of the market (at least 50% of all PS4 / XO owners wouldn't even consider getting a console aimed at "4k" gaming) and Nintendo will be perceived favorably by low-end consumers who don't want the inferior version of a product but still don't want to pay premium prices.

Neo, Scorpio and VR are all aimed at the very high ends of the gaming market. Sony and Microsoft have given Nintendo enough room to occupy the lower end market segments by moving upmarket faster than customers can absorb the technological improvements.

It's de ja vu. Are you saying that NX should aim for standard PS4 / Xbox One market? Just like Wii U targeted PS3 / Xbox 360 market!!! Then it will be really bad decision. Because support for standard PS4 / Xbox One will start to decrease in the wake of new hardware and no developer is foolish to support a new platform which is notorious for third party games.

daredevil.shark said:
Louie said:
Neo and Scorpio mean new chances for Nintendo: Usually their console would've been outdated soon after launch but without traditional generation cycles things are different. The standard PS4 / Xbox One will keep getting games for at least 3-4 years because Sony / Microsoft made it mandatory to support them. So Nintendo can comfortably release a console that is equal in power to those machines without being outdated soon. Neo and Scorpio will be overshooting quite a large portion of the market (at least 50% of all PS4 / XO owners wouldn't even consider getting a console aimed at "4k" gaming) and Nintendo will be perceived favorably by low-end consumers who don't want the inferior version of a product but still don't want to pay premium prices.

Neo, Scorpio and VR are all aimed at the very high ends of the gaming market. Sony and Microsoft have given Nintendo enough room to occupy the lower end market segments by moving upmarket faster than customers can absorb the technological improvements.

It's de ja vu. Are you saying that NX should aim for standard PS4 / Xbox One market? Just like Wii U targeted PS3 / Xbox 360 market!!! Then it will be really bad decision. Because support for standard PS4 / Xbox One will start to decrease in the wake of new hardware and no developer is foolish to support a new platform which is notorious for third party games.

No, what I'm saying is that Sony and Microsoft could be overshooting the market again like they did with PS3 and Xbox 360. In that case a big number of consumers would opt out of purchasing the more expensive consoles and VR. And the Wii U never targeted the PS3 / 360 market. Same power /= same market.

In any industry established firms improve their products faster than customers can absorb the technological progress making room at the low end of the market for new entrants and "good enough" products. These " barely good enough" products will again improve faster than consumers can absorb the technological progess, thus disrupting the incumbent companies from below. That's the innovator's dilemma in a nutshell and has been studied with a sample size of over 300,000 companies across different industries.

Please note I used the word "could". I have no idea what Nintendo's strategy is and they could very well produce another Wii U. I'm just saying there's an opportunity for them. 

daredevil.shark said:
Louie said:

Scorpio and ps4k will use the same sdk as one and ps4...  They will don't have exclusivitys because Sony and Microsoft looking for cut cost of Development... 

In fact,  it's good for Nintendo, NX doesn't need a lot of power,  third editors will have making games for current system for more several years... The transition will be more longer...

But NX will have a lots of exclusifs games,  ps4 and xboxone owners don't need Scorpio or PS4neo for buy next Microsoft or Sony games... 

teigaga said:
Lawlight said:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/developers-on-the-next-geneneration-nature-of-wii-u-and-its-potential-updated/

This was coming after the Wii's huge success.

Yeah, 2.5 years after Wii's started declining.

Third-party developers always praise upcoming consoles. This is normal. They did it with Wii U too and we all saw how it ended.