By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CD Projekt Red: "NX will be fantastic! Tons of hype for it from developers"

Aaaaaaaand that's why I tend to keep my expectations low for Nintendo hardware.

Around the Network

Even if this wasn't made up it wouldn't mean a thing. EA spent ages talking about how great the WiiU was and how they were going to have an "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo, look how that turned out.

Words are all meaningless, and all PR. Wait for actual game announcements.

But yes this was a joke, still no mention from developers.

The only question I have is does this mean CD Projekt Red is ACTUALLY developing something for the NX?  Just because they supposedly got access to the hardware and got to tinker around with it doesn't mean jack if they're not planning on releasing any games for it, like a Witcher III GOTY edition or the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.  Same goes for all the other 3rd party developers who publicly praise or speak positively about the new hardware but never end up putting their money where their mouths are.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:

The only question I have is does this mean CD Projekt Red is ACTUALLY developing something for the NX?  Just because they supposedly got access to the hardware and got to tinker around with it doesn't mean jack if they're not planning on releasing any games for it, like a Witcher III GOTY edition or the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.  Same goes for all the other 3rd party developers who publicly praise or speak positively about the new hardware but never end up putting their money where their mouths are.

It was a joke.

Neo and Scorpio mean new chances for Nintendo: Usually their console would've been outdated soon after launch but without traditional generation cycles things are different. The standard PS4 / Xbox One will keep getting games for at least 3-4 years because Sony / Microsoft made it mandatory to support them. So Nintendo can comfortably release a console that is equal in power to those machines without being outdated soon. Neo and Scorpio will be overshooting quite a large portion of the market (at least 50% of all PS4 / XO owners wouldn't even consider getting a console aimed at "4k" gaming) and Nintendo will be perceived favorably by low-end consumers who don't want the inferior version of a product but still don't want to pay premium prices.

Neo, Scorpio and VR are all aimed at the very high ends of the gaming market. Sony and Microsoft have given Nintendo enough room to occupy the lower end market segments by moving upmarket faster than customers can absorb the technological improvements.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/developers-on-the-next-geneneration-nature-of-wii-u-and-its-potential-updated/

This was coming after the Wii's huge success.

I just want to remind people that this isn't coming from Trev himself, this is actually a translation from a germanic gaming news outlet.

Interesting tidbits, this is, but I'm skeptical. There was quite some praise for the Wii U as well back in the day, and look how that turned out... I'm still waiting for some of trevs leaks, that's the juicy bits :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

This statement was taken out of propotion. Just watched the interview.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

So the statement was a joke, he probably doesn't know shit, and this whole thread has been speculation directed by a lot of nothing? I would be upset with him but it's really the reporting site's fault for making hay out of an out of context quote. Get your story straight, that is your one dang job

I found really strange that CDPR was making that statement, now is clear why but:

Of course now some people is gonna say devs take NX as a joke or something on the lines, but the truth is he simply doesn't know much about it, he was just joking the whole interview.