By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CD Projekt Red: "NX will be fantastic! Tons of hype for it from developers"

I would have never expected a statement like that from CD Projekt Red, never, maybe from Ubisoft, but they are not reliable at all, however CDPR is surprising.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
bunchanumbers said:
Excellent. Now maybe the negativity around NX can go away. I mean everyone loves CDProjekt Red. Maybe we can take them at their word now.

negativity is going to be there, always.

Yep. Truer words were never spoken. But at least, this is a glimmer of hope surrounding all the NX hype (and anti-hype). Even if it's not true, I'm glad for at least a positive article on it. 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

It's nice but I'm still guessing specs around the XBox One or maaaaaaybe the PS4 at best.

The problem with this is, even though some will say "yeah but surely NX will get ports then!" is that it's unlikely IMO that Nintendo fans or NX buyers will multiple consoles will buy the NX versions when the Neo and Scorpio have the best in class ports.

See: How many people bought COD or Assassin's Creed on the Wii U for instance.

And the gap here will be bigger most likely Neo is almost like a PS5 and Scorpio is basically an XBox 2.

Then these ports will sell like crap, and developers will bail, while some Nintendo fans will cry foul. 

It's more important what if any real disruptive features they have, they need some better than just a waggle stick though, that's not going to work in 2017.

Angelv577 said:
That also hinted Scorpio will be expensive or expected to be expensive

Scorpio might be $499+. As for NX looks good. Looking forward to see how Zelda performs in NX.

I think a lot of signs are strongly pointed to Nintendo having a medium spec system that utlized a combined library for something like a home NX console and portable NX console or possibly a combined device for on-the-go that can be streamed onto your TV for home play.

if the NX is indeed graphically behind the updated versions of its competition then the only thing left that could excited tons of developers would the prospect of having the combined NIntendo fanbase to sell to

if you imagine the 3DS/handheld market coupled with (potentially) a stronger successful home console generation for Nintendo then suddenly they are back near the top in terms of users on their systems.

and it makes things so much easier. I feel like a lot of third party developers get turned off from making games for Nintendo home consoles because they know that their games will generally excite the userbase much less than the Nintendo first party (just look at Zelda at this years E3). HOWEVER potentially having both the Nintendo handheld AND home console userbase opens up a much larger market. 

I mean it will probably be as simple as a company like CD Projekt Red considering ports that they wouldn't have in the past, but still.

I for one am extremely excited at the prospect of a combined Nintendo market. They've been the only company around for years that has so heavily focused on BOTH home console gaming and handhelds. its about time they focus their energy on one combined thing that utilizes the same software

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

It's nice but I'm still guessing specs around the XBox One or maaaaaaybe the PS4 at best.

The problem with this is, even though some will say "yeah but surely NX will get ports then!" is that it's unlikely IMO that Nintendo fans or NX buyers will multiple consoles will buy the NX versions when the Neo and Scorpio have the best in class ports.

And the gap here will be bigger most likely Neo is almost like a PS5 and Scorpio is basically an XBox 2.

Then these ports will sell like crap, and developers will bail, while some Nintendo fans will cry foul. 

It's more important what if any real disruptive features they have, they need some better than just a waggle stick though, that's not going to work in 2017.

I think you're missing the most likely point that developers are seeing here-

the odds are the NX will utilize a combined handheld/home console gimmick. probably with some sort of streaming to Television for the home gaming, or maybe a controller that can be doubled up as a handheld.

the point being that NIntendo's handheld audience is clearly larger at this point AND more filled with casuals who are more likely to buy third party games than the traditional home console Nintendo fans.

if the NX truly is easy for a third party like Projekt Red to port to (based on rumors) then it potentially is a no brainer.

I can't illustrate enough how significant it potentially is for Nintendo to have a unified platform. In the past they've constantly had to spread their attention back and forth from releasing handheld games to home console games. there would undoubtedly be a lot of excitement in the gaming community if potentially everyone could get double the games on a Nintendo platform than compared with the past

we're talking wayyyy more frequent releases on the NX if it is combined, most likely from both Nintendo and third parties.

mountaindewslave said:
Soundwave said:

I think you're missing the most likely point that developers are seeing here-

the odds are the NX will utilize a combined handheld/home console gimmick. probably with some sort of streaming to Television for the home gaming, or maybe a controller that can be doubled up as a handheld.

the point being that NIntendo's handheld audience is clearly larger at this point AND more filled with casuals who are more likely to buy third party games than the traditional home console Nintendo fans.

if the NX truly is easy for a third party like Projekt Red to port to (based on rumors) then it potentially is a no brainer.

I can't illustrate enough how significant it potentially is for Nintendo to have a unified platform. In the past they've constantly had to spread their attention back and forth from releasing handheld games to home console games. there would undoubtedly be a lot of excitement in the gaming community if potentially everyone could get double the games on a Nintendo platform than compared with the past

we're talking wayyyy more frequent releases on the NX if it is combined, most likely from both Nintendo and third parties.

I'm not really sure it's possible to run these higher end third party PS4 games on a portable form factor (even at reduced resolution/effects), not unless it's something the size of a small lap top with its own internal fan and massive lap top size battery. 

The cost of which all together would be probably $300+ for a portable. 

I dunno. Is Nintendo willing to do that? 

To be honest at this point I kinda don't even care, I just want a reasonably powerful system for Nintendo's own games. I have a Playstation 4 and will be getting one of the Scorpio or Neo for VR and because I'm getting a 4K TV. I will buy my third party content on that. I just want a Nintendo machine with 1 TFLOP ... c'mon Nintendo just give me 1 measly teraflop. 

I hope they add something to Zelda's graphics other than just bumping to resolution to 1080p. 

Who were the other trustworthy developers who said nice things about the NX?

These days saying positive things about your competitor is nothing more than a marketing gag. Bonus point if it's an underdog. Unless the developer is saying "NX is so great that we will definitely develop a game for it soon!" I wouldn't give two shits about such a statement.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Update:
He was joking.

It seems developers haven't taken NX seriously.