By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CD Projekt Red: "NX will be fantastic! Tons of hype for it from developers"

Trev (the one who leaked the Zelda news, etc) had the video translated but CD Projeckt Red says the NX will be fantastic, and many developers are hyped for it, he also asked the developer if it would be on par with the Xbox Scorpio and the dev pretty much hinted that it won't because of the insane price the NX would have to cost if it was, however he said developers ar every happy with what the NX has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEQrOMknqpk

"Host: What do you know about NX?

Fabian: It will be fantastic. As developer [CD Projekt] you get access to the hardware and everybody [at CD Projekt] is looking forward. We know things.

Host: Are you lying now?

Fabian: No, no.

Host: Sometimes I cannot tell if you are telling the truth or not.

Fabian: No, no! It was like this in the past as the Wii prototypes came in, back then called “Revolution”. It was so funny that in Japan they were all very excited at the developer studios of SEGA, they thought it was very good. The Europeans took a little longer. Like “Well, maybe this doesn’t work”, you know, because it was technically just a GameCube. It was not much more. But NX what you hear [of the developers] about NX is all very positive.

Host: But the hardware will be much worse than the new Xbox.

Fabian: I think this will never again be the main emphasis in the future [for Nintendo]. Can it [NX] be better than the new Xbox? Take a realistic point of view: is Nintendo able to build a console that has got more power than Xbox?"

Around the Network

That also hinted Scorpio will be expensive or expected to be expensive

I've heard this before 4 years ago.

darkknightkryta said:

They never praised the Wii U.

Meelow said:
darkknightkryta said:

They never praised the Wii U.

Not them specifically.  Plenty of other devs had.  Those were official.  There were also these "Devs praise Wii U.... People will be impressed..." etc that this person is currently saying.  Not saying the NX will be bad or anything.  I just don't trust what this guy is saying, especially when this talk was almost identical to what we were hearing with the Wii U.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:

Link?

Hmm interesting. Given Trev's leak from a while back and it (mostly) coming to pass, I'd say this video has some weight. Lets hope that something ends up coming out of this though.

maybe developers saw something at e3, something good.

Why would he even ask if it's as powerful as the Scorpio? That's a stupid question of someone who has no idea of anything.

We'll be lucky if it's slightly more powerful than PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Excellent. Now maybe the negativity around NX can go away. I mean everyone loves CDProjekt Red. Maybe we can take them at their word now.