By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

They probably still think they can push through with the Wii U version and work through whatever problems they run into with porting it. (Architecture and horsepower primarily) However, I expect that as the Wii U version continues to prove troublesome and NX relatively painless, they'll can the former and go all in with the latter, claiming that by bringing it to NX they're honouring their pledge to Nintendo gamers.

They are now pretty far with development of a game, (they releasing game in 9 months) they itself working on Wii U and PC versions, so if they had any problems till now they overcame them and they continued with development.

90s Arcade Racer and Project Cars were (officially) in production for Wii U for years before being cancelled.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They are now pretty far with development of a game, (they releasing game in 9 months) they itself working on Wii U and PC versions, so if they had any problems till now they overcame them and they continued with development.

90s Arcade Racer and Project Cars were (officially) in production for Wii U for years before being cancelled.

So what did the people who backed it and wanted the WiiU version get?

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

An apology at best.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

An apology at best.

wow...credibility lost.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They realised Wii U is dying and NX is coming sometime in future, but Yooka-Laylee devolpers are even more aware of those facts beacuse Wii U is dead and NX coming in just 9 monts. Like I wrote, if they relly had some doubts or ditch plans about Wii U verision they would annuced right now, instead they talk about Wii U version and said they will do Wii U version iteself and that will be one of best versions of game.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

We also heard that about Fast Racing Neo and there you have it, running gorgeous on the WiiU since December.
You said the same about Zelda and you are gonna be wrong in both cases.

I would dearly love to be wrong about this, but I still expect both Yooka Laylee and Zelda to be canned for Wii U and shunted to NX.

If I'm wrong, you can make an "I told you so" thread mocking my pessimism, and I'll take it like a man and admit my poor judgement.

Nah I'll just say I told ya so in your wall and all fine :P

But you are not a real man, you didnt accepted my bet with Zelda.

Brings me back to my N64 days, remember my dad got it for me when he was on a business trip. Such a great game...this is so like it, down to the sound effects and enemies.

It's great to see we are getting this. Maybe someday we will also get to play a legit Banjo Threeie.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It looks great. If it gets a good critical reception, hopefully it will get the sales to match it. Enough to maybe make a dedicated franchise out of it, at least.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

I dont think it will be canned. Many backers want the WiiU version. It will probably be on both.

A lot of backers of 90s Arcade Racer wanted the Wii U version too. And if they bump it to NX they can claim they are still serving Nintendo gamers.

Knowing the developers at Playtonic (Rareware 2.0), and having seen them talk about the game in a conference (can't remember which. It was simply Playtonic and all their plans), I highly doubt they would cancel. Or if they were to cancel it, they would have told us with the delay.

If they were to cancel any version, it should be the Xbox One version

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988